While jetsetting this weekend I apparently picked something up. I tried to convince myself that I was crazy yesterday, but there is no denying it today.
Related: I’m completely over cold, rainy days.
Today’s Personal Project
Get healthier, do laundry if I succeed with that.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Think about a past success: Recall how you achieved your goal and how it made you feel.
Nothing boosts confidence like reflecting on your successes! This exercise puts the focus front and center on your positive traits and how they contribute to your life. Remembering how you’ve handled past challenges may also help you feel more confident about any roadblocks you may be facing at home or work.
Whether it be weight loss or career success I know what to do. However, I have become bad following my own advice and need to change that.
I headed home after work with the intent on getting dinner along the way. I wasn’t feeling great and knowing that I hadn’t worked out decided that I should be somewhat smart about my food intake — which ruled out Chinese buffet as well as fish ‘n chips and beer at The Elder Tree Pub.
I almost finally tried the Jamaican restaurant on Moreland Av (next to the big sheriff cock), but having never been there before I didn’t know how long it would take the food to be prepared. Because I wasn’t feeling great and was feeling impatient I moved on down the road and stopped into (the original) Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand. I know what you are thinking… “That was ‘healthy’?”. Well, no, but it complied with my desire to get “fast” food and by that time my “healthier” food options were limited.
Unfortunately I was completely underwhelmed with my sandwich, mostly because the sausage was not still steaming hot by the time it made the six-block drive from Delia’s to the ITP Estate; that’s completely unacceptable to me. Furthermore the sausage sandwich was nearly impossible to eat with my hands, spilling its contents all over the container with each bite — it was a complete mess.
There may be a day when I return to Delia’s, but it has really dropped down the list of restaurants for me.
ITP Flickr Pic
I have one shot on my camera that I took this past weekend. Now I need to make the time to pull it off so that I can post something.
RealiTV Update: The Amazing Race — Oh Brother
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
I have abnormal fear of heights, which, if I were compelled to become a contestant on The Amazing Race would make me think twice before auditioning. To have a fear of water and go on this show is insane! The only other “RealiTV” show which seems to be a worse fit would be Survivor since you are nearly guaranteed to be put onto an island in the middle of nowhere.
I wonder if “dad’s” seemingly ruptured achilles tendon will cause that team to bail (which would be a pity because it would give that spoiled-brat duo an easy out for their pact) and in turn will give the brother team a second chance.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – lousy
Current Music – listening to a recent “Coverville” podcast
Website Of The Day – If I’ve never previously linked to How Stuff Works then shame on me.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – will check again next Friday
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 11 (2 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 25
Carnivorous Meals – 38
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- lose five pounds
- walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
- read at least one book
- dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Dissolve Sharpened Stone
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Completely run at least one 10k
- Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
- Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
- Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
- Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013