I got stuck in a late afternoon meeting and didn’t leave the office until after 7pm. By that time the storms had mostly passed and traffic was so-so, but I was in no mood to exercise. So my boss and I went to an eerily-empty
hreftm (dammit, my TextExpander snippets aren’t working on my iPad) Taco Mac for some beers and food. I went cheap last night and drank a Genesee Cream Ale and a Shiner Bock.
Today’s Personal Project
Take care of at least two of the overdue chores on my OmniFocus ToDo list.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Read about signs and symptoms of anorexia nervosa.
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder that can deeply affect mind and body and has one of the highest death rates of any mental health condition. Although once thought to be the domain of teen and twenty-something women, anorexia now affects women of all ages, as well as men. By reading about its common symptoms, you are in a better position to recognize it in yourself or someone who may need your help.
Definitely not something from which I suffer.
It’s Not Just Me
At Taco Mac I ran into a waitress that we’ve come to know. Last night she was complaining about the same physical maladies that have plagued me for the past three weeks. Unfortunately for her she does not use health insurance so she will have to ride out the storm (as I tried) without the benefit of getting a )relatively) cheap Z-Pack.
ITP Flickr Pic
Remember the time before I got sick, you know, three weeks ago?
Because I couldn’t get my fat ass out of bed this morning (how did 5:00am arrive so early, forcing me to turn off my alarm and return to sleep?) I missed my morning workout.
The original plan for tonight was to attend the Atlanta iOS Developers meetup. I should go to LA Fitness and work out.
On my drive in to work I recalled that the nerdy meetup had changed meeting locations from Strongbox West on the westside to a place called Hypepotamus in midtown — apparently not far from the midtown LA Fitness. If I can pull it off I plan to sneak out of work early enough to get a short workout done before the 6:30pm meetup start time. In reality I will most likely have to sacrifice one for the other.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – hoping my chest discomfort clears up soon
Current Music – listening to CNN on the TV in this break room.
Website Of The Day – walking into the break room to eat breakfast and write this blog I saw a stack of Creative Loafing periodicals. I remember the days when I would have read the Loaf from front to back to find out what was going on in this town.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 213.6 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~42.0 miles
Gym Visits – 2 (2 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 24
Carnivorous Meals – 24
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) – by Sean Wells