On Friday I took the Jackmobile to Peach Auto and had them pull the nail I found in one of its tires and plug the leak. After returning home on Saturday from the Tour de Pike I was dismayed to feel the rear tire on the Black Jack and discover that it was leaking air. Upon disassembling the rear wheel I found a small thorn in the tire and with the help of a bucket of water identified the leak. I patched the leak yesterday, tomorrow I will check to see how well (or poorly) my patch is holding up.
Today’s Personal Project
Go to LA Fitness tonight.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one food that contains the nutrient zeaxanthin, such as kale, spinach, corn, or eggs.
Zeaxanthin is a nutrient that acts as an antioxidant in the eye and can help reduce the risk of chronic eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration. Most Western diets are low in zeaxanthin, so adding it to a meal or snack can boost the health of your eyes and the protection of your sight.
Well, I’ve already eaten egg because I needed a “real” breakfast so I could take my medication this morning.
A Shortened But Great Time At The Moreland Day Spa
I headed down to the Moreland Day Spa on Friday night for an evening of dinner, drinks, and fun before having to wake early to do the Tour de Pike.
I never heard my iPhone’s alarm on Saturday morning and subsequently rushed around the bedroom in order to get ready. Because of this I was never in tip-top mental condition throughout the entire day.
ITP Flickr Pic
Top of the mornin’ to you.
While cleaning out my cycling bag (you’ll understand why more in a minute) I turned it over to clear out any sand and dirt and was convinced that something else (not that which is mentioned below) fell out. I looked down into my back yard and saw this patch of clover, on St. Patrick’s Day no less, and was moved to take a photo.
I’m Losing Everything Except Weight These Days
I’ve been losing many things, my mind not one of them though I wasn’t so sure about this on Saturday morning.
It was late and very dark on Friday night when I took the Black Jack off of the Jackmobile for the night. When I went back out to the Jackmobile on Saturday morning I was confused to find my shoes and helmet on my trunk, because I didn’t remember putting them there. Then I looked up and was confused to see my bicycle (or so I thought) atop the Jackmobile, because I knew that I had taken it off the night before. And then it dawned on me that the bike was on the “wrong” side of the car (the Jackmobile has always only had one bike tray on it — on the driver’s side). Little did I know, ITP-Readers Steve and Barb had been conspiring to put a second bicycle tray on the Jackmobile (supposedly this is to help me be more available for women; so there seems now to be an opening for a female bike rider in my life…). Many thanks to all for confusing the shit out of me, and supplying me with a second tray.
This weekend I lost one of my two bicycle water bottles (two new, fancy-pants Camelbak ones are on the way from Amazon, even though I should have remembered that I bought new cheap ones at REI just last year). In rushing around to get ready on Saturday morning I also misplaced the cradle for my Garmin Forerunner charger (I probably left it at the Moreland Day Spa;
I’m waiting to hear from ITP-Reader Steve before ordering another one from Amazon ITP-Reader Steve didn’t see it in the bedroom in which I slept, so one of those is winging its way to me from Amazon as well).
I’m still fighting my health concerns, though as I mentioned I was able to ride 42 miles with little (at the time) pain. On Saturday afternoon/evening my chest was slightly problematic, and my knees and back started hurting. Now that I have determined that I can exercise, have a means for transporting another person (female preferred ;)), and will soon be receiving replacements for all of the things that I lost this weekend, all I need to do is make sure that I am not about to keel over any time soon.
Already Behind The 8-Ball
I have much more to discuss, but it’s 9:40am (already) and I am already waaaaay behind, so I must start doing the job that pays me. Consequently I am ready to hear from the (also unpaid) ITP-Editors 🙂 today.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – late
Current Music – listening to a recent “The Story with Dick Gordon” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m thinking of joining Angie’s List sometime this week.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – Saturday = bike riding, ~42 miles
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 213.6 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~42.0 miles
Gym Visits – 2 (2 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 22
Carnivorous Meals – 23
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) – by Sean Wells