Combine a super-packed schedule with a late night and an inability to get out of bed and you get today’s “Quick Blast” blog.
Today’s Personal Project
Not to get overwhelmed by the stuff I have scheduled today.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Pledge to focus on a point about 10 feet (3m) in front of you the next time you take a walk.
Sure, you’ve got the walking thing down – you’ve been doing it for years! However, some longtime habits can change your walking form, and looking down at the ground right in front of you is one of them. By reminding yourself to focus your gaze a little farther out, you’ll keep your neck more in line with your spine as you move. Bonus: You may see things you wouldn’t have otherwise!
I Think That I Am Trying To Kill Myself
By trying to make myself healthier.
I waited at work until a little after 6:15pm before making my way over to LA Fitness. When I arrived it was predictably crowded, but getting a workout in seemed more plausible than it did two nights ago. For the better part of the night I lucked into open machinery/apparatuses as I worked my way around the gym.
My warmup job of ten minutes was done at a slightly faster pace than usual (6.5mph) so I was not overly concerned when my side started hurting about eight minutes in. “Toughen up!” I told myself (internally of course because speaking to yourself aloud in public is craziness). All workout long my side continued to bother me, I think I may have strained a muscle, or, I am in the early stages of a heart attack…
My boss was also at the gym last night so we naturally decided to ruin our hard work with a beverage or two. “Taco Mac?” you ask? No, I chose to take us down a different route by walking over to Tilted Kilt afterwards, where I had to (imperial) pints of beer with a salad which had four minuscule chicken tenders on it. Yeah, I know…
I made it home by 10:30pm, sadly with no desire to go back out to The EARL for the Caitlin Rose show. I was pooped.
ITP Flickr Pic
Ha! I’ve become a joke…
And On The Fourth Day I Rested
A later-than-normal workout, followed by impurities, followed by little sleep, convinced me to skip my morning run workout today in lieu of getting more sleep instead.
My penance for this decision will be a Saturday trip to LA Fitness to either run/cycle or lift weights, depending on which one I manage to do tomorrow morning.
In Case You Missed It
While I didn’t make it to The Shed last night I did manage to reserve a space in the May 18th wine class via email. Yeah, it’s $50, but I think it will be a good time (food is paired with each wine I am to understand).
Do it! 😉
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – irked that I continue to hurt myself, or that things in my body continue to breakdown
Current Music – silence as I try to knock this out by 9am
Website Of The Day – Again I provide no photograph. Again I provide a link to someone who does. National Geographic’s “Photo of the Day”.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – weight lifting
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 212.3 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~42.0 miles
Gym Visits – 7.5 (6 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 39
Carnivorous Meals – 35
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) – by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips – by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra