Those of you who read today’s title in the beat of The Village People’s “Macho Man,” give yourself a point. Of course had I eaten two meals consisting of nachos instead it would have been easier to do as I would have used the title “Nacho, Nacho Man” instead.
Today’s Personal Project
Do some planning about the rest of my life.
Today’s Daily Challenge
List two healthy dips for veggies, such as salsa, hummus, Greek yogurt, or peanut butter.
A raw, crunchy vegetable is tempting all on its own, but sometimes it’s fun to dress it up a bit, especially if you’re feeding a family or entertaining. A yummy dip can encourage you to eat more vegetables, because it adds a new texture or flavor to a familiar food. Bonus: Dips like hummus, nut butters, yogurt, or cottage cheese add a bit of protein to your already nutritious snack.
Is butter a healthy dip?
Sometimes You Can’t Rekindle The Magic
We all went to Twisted Taco last night because we heard a specific bartender was going to be working. The last time he was there my coworkers said that they had an amazing night.
He was indeed there last night, but we couldn’t get four seats at the bar; consensus was that it didn’t matter much because he didn’t seem to be the same outlandish guy that they previously had.
There’s a lesson to learn here: When you have a magical moment in life, live it, remember it, and relive it in your mind, because often times trying to reenact the moment disappoints you.
ITP Flickr Pic
Errrr, nothing still…
I’ve Signed Up For Bootcamp
Oh, you’re probably thinking about the type of bootcamp where you are forced to do unthinkable exercises in public. No, not that.
Instead, I’ve signed up for Developer Bootcamp at ATDC — two, four-hour sessions on the next two Saturdays (1:00pm-5:00pm), dealing with developing iOS apps. I know that I have been in the iOS game for 2.5 years, but there is so much more for me to learn… And besides, I plan to attempt to use those two Saturday sessions as networking opportunities.
Fear not, the 5:00pm exit time on April 6th still allows me plenty of time to make it to the Ira Glass “show” with the yet-to-be-determined user of my second ticket.
And, as an added benefit, the ATDC building is very near a LA Fitness so I can get a decent workout in prior to bootcamp.
I’m Certain That I Am Forgetting Things Today
But I need to keep moving along.
Have a great weekend everybody!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, still wondering if I need to do a stress test with a cardiologist.
Current Music – I’m sitting in a meeting, so nothing
Website Of The Day – I’m sure Thug Kitchen is not new, but it’s new to me, and I think it’s funny. Caution: Those opposed to reading curse words probably shouldn’t check out Thug Kitchen.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 212.3 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~42.0 miles
Gym Visits – 7.5 (6 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 40
Carnivorous Meals – 37
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) – by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips – by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra