Such was the case last night as I felt that I was looking fairly sharp and wanted to go somewhere for dinner. Part of the problem of being undesirably terminally single is being in the mood to have a nice dinner but not feeling like eating alone.
Last night I decided that I didn’t want to go to The Shed alone (and I’m avoiding alcohol until tomorrow afternoon, and I know that I would order beer or wine at The Shed) and wound up at Tomatillos instead. For the first time I boycotted Tomatillos’ burrito and got a taco plate — which I think for me is a much better option even if I did eat fried catfish with some chips, salsa, and a Coke.
From Tomatillos I headed home where I goofed around on my iPad before passing out in bed some time before 11pm (10pm?).
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share one way that you get whole grains into your day, such as eating oatmeal or whole wheat bread.
Whole grain foods offer many health benefits. Their high fiber content means that they are slowly absorbed by the digestive system, leaving you feeling fuller longer. Studies have shown that they may aid with heart health, lessen the risk of stroke, and lower blood pressure. Sharing a whole grain idea may motivate someone else to try a healthy new food – and you might come away with a whole new appreciation for a new whole grain!
When I purchase bread I always get one of the whole-grain or oat-bran varieties. Now that my fancy-pants bread making kit has been delivered perhaps I’ll make my own.
With a weekend trip planned one of the many chores that I need to accomplish today is recharging all of the batteries in my portable devices (iPhone, iPad, cameras, etc). It’s not that my trip is taking me somewhere devoid of electricity, but I’d rather have everything starting out at 100% than think about it later.
Today might also be the day that I wander over to the Apple store in Perimeter Mall and buy myself a new battery for my aged MacBook.
A Figurative Wrench In My Plans
As I commented in yesterday’s blog I found out that Neutral Milk Hotel tickets for their October 26th Atlanta show at The Tabernacle go on sale at noon tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be driving from Atlanta to Black Mountain, NC for LEAF. Looks like I’ll be taking the laptop and working a pitstop at Starbucks or some other place that I can get wifi so that I can attempt ticket purchasing.
You might think I’ve gone off the deep end, but I never thought that Neutral Milk Hotel would get back together again and perform; this is the same way I felt about Jane’s Addiction back in the late 1990s.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing today. See today’s “Website of the Day” to see what I spared you from seeing. 🙂
Tomorrow’s Blog May Be Brief, Late, Or Perhaps Both
As I mentioned tomorrow is a travel day and given that I want to be in civilization at noon I may be forced to leave the ITP Estate rather early. This may cause tomorrow’s blog to be rather brief, or rather late, or both.
Today’s Personal Projects
Drop off shirts at the dry cleaner.
Swing by Target for snacks for the weekend.
Recharge all batteries.
Pack the Jackmobile for tomorrow’s journey.
Call my mother.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though nervous about some things that are going on with me (this seems to be a recurring theme)
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Today I am wearing a shirt I received as an employee of Intergraph. I worked at Intergraph in Huntsville, AL from December 1992 – December 1995, so this shirt is nearly twenty years old… and I still fits me.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 9
Carnivorous Meals – 14
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP
-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg