Oh man, I stayed out until 12:15am and am paying price today.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Sit with knees bent, put arms together in front of you, learn partway back, and turn to each side.
Can you feel your obliques working as you complete this challenge? These large muscles along the sides of your core work with your other abdominal muscles to help propel you left and right. Stronger core muscles help you with everyday tasks like bending, lifting, and stretching, and they play a big part in maintaining a healthy back. They also help with balance and stability.
Exercise eh? What a concept.
Tweetup With A Twist
My friend Maigh rallied some of the old Twitter gang to come over to her place for some beverages and dog time (she the owner of a dog now feels compelled to have others bring theirs). At its peak there may have been ten old Twitter friends in attendance (some no longer live in Georgia so they couldn’t make it, others failed to pay attention and bailed on us at the last minute). It was a fun time.
Maigh also had the great idea of walking from her place to a new bar on Edgewood called “Mother.” With the weather being as nice as it was we (six remaining) sat at a wooden picnic table in the back yard; it was like spending a lovely evening at someone’s house. While at Mother I consumed two more beers, some deviled eggs, a sour pickle (I had to try it), and two tacos — all of which were quite good.
After the gang meandered back to Maigh’s to get our cars I dropped off one of the guys at a Marta station. The intent was to drop him off at 5 Points (he was headed to midtown) but in my confusion I managed to drop him off at the south end of Peachtree Center instead. Whoops! Oh well, at least he was still on the North/South line.
At this time it was after 11:00pm and I was headed to The EARL for the Titus Andronicus show. I made it to The EARL around 11:20pm, stood around while Titus Andronicus set up, futzed with equipment, and then started playing around 11:35pm. When the clock struck 12:15am I needed to go home and go to bed.
Now where did I put that black gaffer’s tape?
Probably Skipping Third Wednesday Tonight
I’m already tired and believe that I have a long day of work ahead of me. Consequently, I doubt that I will be able to make it to Third Wednesday this time around. As an added bonus I won’t be consuming alcohol tonight.
Today’s Personal Project
Make doctor’s appointment regarding my feet.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired
Current Music – need silence
Website Of The Day – Though I drive past it most mornings I’d never stopped into Savi Urban Market before; oh, what a nice little place.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking Friday
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 21
Carnivorous Meals – 17
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg