I was on a coding roll last night and combined with the fact that I didn’t get to speak to my mother until 11:00pm (she was out playing bingo) I was wired. I didn’t get tired and fall asleep until sometime past 12:00am, only to be wide awake and coding again around 2:30am. I coded until sometime near 4:15am when I decided I should attempt to get a bit of shuteye before my alarm clock sounded at 5:00am. I was in the office by 7:00am and I am unsure how I am going to stay alert today.
That’s a whole lotta fucking ams and not a whole lotta sleep.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one food that contains vitamin D, such as yogurt, milk, fortified cereal, salmon, or tuna.
D is one dynamic vitamin: Studies show that it may help improve bone and muscle strength, play a part in controlling blood pressure, and lower the risk of colorectal cancer. Yet vitamin D deficiency is very common worldwide and most adults don’t get nearly enough each day. By digging into a D-rich food source, you help to get some of this important vitamin – and potentially reap its benefits.
If only beer contained Vitamin D, oh wait, I’m trying to abstain drinking during the week again… Bugger!
I Miss Drinking Beer Daily
I probably should abstain from alcohol for a week and return to my doctor for tests again, it’s just that I am afraid that I”ll find out that I have to give up drinking. I don’t smoke, I don’t do drugs, and I don’t have unprotected sex (or protected sex for that matter) :(, drinking is the only vice that I enjoy.
Last night, after mowing my lawn and waiting for what felt like an eternity to sync my 10,500 songs to my new iPod Classic I headed up to The Argosy for dinner. I’ve wanted to return to The Argosy but I’ve hesitated because I didn’t think that I could abstain from ordering beer. I managed last night and only drank a Coke and some water.
For my food I ordered an appetizer of three mini-sausages with mustard and pickles, and then the fried chicken sammich (their word, not mine) with fries for my entree. Both items were delicious. My only error of the evening was not being more patient to let the fried chicken cool a bit more before biting into it.
I’ve proven that I can eat out with out alcohol (sometimes). I shall return!
An Office A Day…
Last week The Office aired its 201st and final episode. On Saturday I started an undertaking to watch each episode, one a day, in order. If my, well Convert Units‘s, calculation is correct I will accomplish this feat on December 6th.
The best part about this undertaking is that since The Office was a network sitcom, an episode sans commercials only runs 21-22 minutes. It’s kinda scary that nearly one-third of prime time television is comprised of commercials.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing today, but if you are a Flickr user you should check out the major overhaul that occurred on that website yesterday.
Speaking of Flickr, they also announced their purchase of Tumblr for 1.1 BILLION dollars. The now 26-year-old founder of Tumblr is now a fucking rich man and he didn’t have to correctly guess six numbers to become one.
Waiting On My Warby’s
Last Friday I requested five pairs of eyeglass frames from Warby Parker using their “Home Try-On” service. I believe that these frames will be delivered either today or tomorrow, at which point I will have five days to decide whether or not I feel that any of the ones that I have chosen suit my face.
For shits and giggles I plan to set up a mini portrait studio at home and take my photo wearing each; if I do, pay attention to this space for the nerditude.
If my eyes are giving me accurate feedback I may also want to get a checkup prior to making my glasses order; things seem fuzzier than they ever have before..
Today’s Personal Project
Get out of work early enough to make it to the Atlanta iOS Developers Meetup.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – The Office has gone away but Arrested Development is coming back. Yesterday NPR published a comprehensive list of running jokes that occurred during the first three seasons of Arrested Development.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking today
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 26
Carnivorous Meals – 27
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg