Then today must be Wednesday. It’s another holiday-shortened week which has sent my sense of routine into a tizzy. Each day I will have to confirm exactly which day it is in order to deliver my goods on time. Speaking of which, I have a code drop to perform this afternoon.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Pledge to put 1 tsp. sunscreen (5 ml) on your face and 4 tsp. (20 ml) more on your body.
Most people know that our skin is vulnerable to sun damage and skin cancer. However, many of us put on way too little sunscreen, leaving us only partially protected at best. A teaspoon is a common measure that can help you slather on the amount of sunscreen that will keep your skin healthy.
I should do this especially when going out for afternoon walks.
Walk Good, Foot Notsomuch
I must have a stress fracture in my left foot and if I could ever make the time to either go to my doctor or find a recommended podiatrist I would find out for certain.
My 5-mile walk last night was mostly pain free and somewhat relaxing. As an added bonus I finished listening to The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams as well. Frustratingly, when I returned to the office the locker room was locked so I was unable to shower. Because of this I headed straight home, with a quick stop at QT for gas, sustenance (note to self: never eat “dinner” at QT again!), and to check the air in the Jackmobile’s tires.
While walking barefoot around the house the pain in my foot came back.
I wish that I were about to tell you how I’ve switched my diet to a mainly-vegetarian one, but I am not.
It may have been the “safest” night to go out to East Atlanta Village with the bolstered police presence, the well-lit “Adidas” parking lot reopened, and news crews milling about. Regardless, by the time I arrived in East Atlanta I had my cranky-pants on and decided to skip the Turf War (they were the second openers) show at The EARL.
Instead, I laid (Is this the right word/tense? Jenka? Laura? Stacy?) in bed with the window open and a box fan doing a feeble job of exhausting warm air while I watched television aka “Netflix on my iPad.” I watched two episodes of Arrested Development (re-watching the original series before watching the new ones) and my nightly episode of The Office before conking out some time close to midnight.
I didn’t sleep long however, as I was awake again around 3:00am and fidgeted for the rest of the night/morning.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Vanishing Light (Edited)”
It was a beautiful evening on Saturday night in Evans, GA. As the sun dropped I pulled out my iPhone and shot this. Well, I shot the one posted earlier in my Flickr stream, this shot has had some human intervention via Adobe’s Lightroom.
I was going to post an article written by a guy who supposedly came up with a mathematical formula to determine how long it would take to pay back the purchase of a washer and dryer with the money spent at a laundromat. However, the rude comments he received about his theory soured the information (or joke, depending on your POV).
Tonight I’ll be swinging into my favorite lavanderia with a fully-charged iPad and an iPod loaded with audiobooks because I am not sure if I am going to spend my two hours “trapped” at the laundromat reading a book, listening to a book, watching “television,” or listening to podcasts.
Today’s Personal Project
Get my laundry done.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Want to be notified about free (or reduced) eBooks via email? Sign up for BookGorilla.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~5 miles
Morning Weigh-In – checking Friday
Foot Mileage – ~8.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 34
Carnivorous Meals – 41
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams