Last night I decided not to do laundry and instead go out for an afternoon walk with my boss followed by dinner at Chuy’s. Essentially I have committed myself to do laundry tomorrow night instead of partaking in any happy hour festivities. I’m okay with this decision.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Swing an imaginary hula hoop ten times to the right, then ten times to the left.
Most people remember the kid who was the super-duper hoola-hooper (maybe it was you?). As a grown-up, you can get the benefits of hula hooping by just pretending! The motion can strengthen your torso muscles, improve the flexibility of your spine, and enhance your coordination. It also gets your blood pumping faster, so your hula will add a little bit of cardio to your day.
Why an imaginary hula hoop? I think the world would be a happier place if we all used real hula hoops.
RealiTV Update: Real Storage Wars
I read the other night that Dave Hester is suing Storage Wars after being fired from the show at the end of the last season. Yuuuuuuuuuuup!
Turns out, Hester is alleging that the show is rigged. Reality TV rigged? I never!!! Actually, I am not the least bit surprised, and if you didn’t think shows like “Storage Wars” or “American Pickers” are rigged, or at least “seeded” for success, then I think that you are one gullible person.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Plenty Of Good Seats Available”
Don’t let my photo fool you, there were plenty of people there to hear Chatham County Line last Friday night, they just happened to all be seated in lawn chairs away from the stage.
Happiness And Sadness
If all goes to plan I will be in Edgewood Retail District tonight to hear David Sedaris read from his new book at the Barnes & Noble there. After Sedaris’ reading I plan to meet up with ITP-Reader Betsy at Holy Taco for dinner and drinks. These are the happy things.
The sadness part of the evening is that we are headed to Holy Taco for a benefit to help support one of their waitresses who was hit and badly injured by a drunk driver while she was attending a bachelorette party in Nashville recently. Word on the street is that she may suffer from permanent damage due to this incident. I hope that the money raised tonight helps defer a good portion of her medical bills.
Today’s Personal Project
Have fun with ITP-Reader Betsy.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pleased that I have returned to getting some exercise, even if it is “just” walking.
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I wished that I lived nearer a body of water that would allow me to justify the purchase of an Oru Kayak.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking today
Foot Mileage – ~12.1 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 35
Carnivorous Meals – 43
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams