The one-time marketing slogan for Southwest Airlines, “Wanna get away?” is how I am feeling now. Of course in my continuing condition the slogan should be altered to read “Wanna hobble away?” The foot doesn’t seem to be getting better; cast, anti-inflamatories, ice, and rest, seem to be doing little to help. I have a scheduled podiatrist visit tomorrow. If solid answers and timelines cannot be provided I will consider seeing another podiatrist when I return from Florida for a second opinion. My inability to exercise is killing me, literally and figuratively.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Give yourself a foot massage.
Massage is great for relaxation! It can also help to alleviate pain, increase flexibility, improve circulation, stretch weak and tight muscles, and reduce muscle cramps.
This may be something that I do for myself routinely…
Wanna Get Away?
I’ve heard some absurd questions inside the three office buildings in which I’ve toiled for my current employer. “Want to go to California today?” was one of the most absurd questions I’ve ever heard. Basically there is a developer from our India office making his way to California today and I was being asked to drop everything at a second’s notice and join him there by taking a flight out last night.
I flat out declined, using my foot and podiatrist appointment as primary reasons and the fact that I am leaving town for “vacation” at the end of the week and needed to put things in order at home before I do as my secondary reason.
In the end the situation was downgraded to DEFCON 5 and we don’t have to send anyone to California today.
Have I mentioned that I wouldn’t mind knowing about iOS developer job opportunities, preferably close enough to East Atlanta so that I can get my life back?
Move Along, Nothing To See
By the time I arrived home last night (some time after 7pm because I had to take “the eastern route” aka “I-285 East -> I-20 West” because traffic on The Connector appeared FUBAR) I had enough time to eat some dinner (though I vowed not to earlier), put the trash out, open the windows and turn the fans on high (I’m holding out on A/C), ice my foot, prepare the two hamburger patties that will make up two of this week’s lunches, and then fall asleep watching “Arrested Development” on Netflix.
I awoke again some time around midnight. By that time all I could logically do is attempt to fall back asleep, and I did.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing. Just you wait, I plan to take some photos in Florida and if my foot allows it I’ll be out shooting at The Peachtree Road Race next week.
This Can’t Be The Plan
This week is Caren West PR Restaurant Week which means that many (if not all) of the restaurants that the agency represents are offering price fixe menus through the end of this week.
Since seeing Diesel Filling Station on a TV show last week I have been considering trying their menu. I thought about going tonight (until I saw that tonight is “Nerd-Core Tuesday Trivia Night”) so I may give it a shot tomorrow. That being said, going out for dinner and drinks may be the antithesis of what I should be doing while I cannot exercise.
Today’s Personal Project
Get away for awhile, even if it just involves daydreaming.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – glum
Current Music – Listening to the new Selebrities “Lovely Things” CD which has been released today; it’s rather a enjoyable release, different from my normal alt-rock norm. I was planning on attempting to play music critic for this release, but I need to hone my skills.
Website Of The Day – I was going to link to the DEFCON Warning System, but the goddamn website seems to be down. What does that mean???
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 25
Carnivorous Meals – 34
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Marthaâ€™s coffee percolator to her
â€¨- return ITP-Terriâ€™s crutches to her
â€¨- not get sick
â€¨- finish at least two of the books I am reading
â€¨- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
â€¨- post at least ten photos in the blog
â€¨- drink a lot less alcohol
â€¨- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman