Another trip to the podiatrist is in the books.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Do a standing abdominal stretch.
Our abdominal muscles can become shortened if we sit for long periods of time during the day, or can become strained from sports or other everyday activities. This simple exercise helps to provide a quick stretch to those muscles and offers some relief for tight back muscles, as well.
I suppose that I could (and should) do this.
I Just Can’t Seem To Boot This Boot
Another quick meeting with the podiatrist this morning. His recommendation was that I continue to wear the boot (BOO!) and he is prescribing me a medication to apply to the area (in addition to the anti-inflamatory I am taking) as well as physical therapy. I’m oddly okay with all of this considering my recent lack of fun, lack of exercise, and weight gain.
I have a followup appointment (again) on July 12th, hopefully I will be fully healed and able to ride on the 13th. I’m trying not to repeat the summer of 2011 which was mostly a waste due to the hip injury caused by the bike wreck.
Captain Of Unproductivity
Recently I’ve been a slug, mentally in addition to physically. The only real “activity” of last night was watching two of the remaining four “Mad Men” episodes that I’ve downloaded (legally) from this season. I’ve heard that last Sunday’s was the season finale and I am making an attempt to catch up before anyone spoils the finale on me.
Unfortunately my personal productivity (read “self-initiated iOS training for my ‘future'”) has also suffered as I’ve not done any iOS development nor video watching. Though I know that I have an enormously-large deadline at work on July 10th (which may actually force me to work on some of my scheduled days off between now and then) I’ve stagnated and I am hoping my trip down to Florida restores my desire to create. However, unlike the trips you take to Florida I will be hanging out with my mother, aunts, and uncles for three days. My goal is to get some “Paulie Time” during the “golden hour” and do some photography. And from what I heard from the doctor this morning it sounds I’ll have to try and keep the sand out of my air cast now…
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing. New photos guaranteed next week.
No Fun Again Tonight
Due to circumstances at work, many of which I am responsible for, I will most likely be pulling a “late night” at work. From work I will return home to pack clothes and camera for my trip which begins some time tomorrow afternoon.
This is not the life I anticipated as we head into July; by now I was hoping to be running again, riding again, and at least ten pounds lighter thanks to all of the hard work I did at the gym. I was also hoping this physical improvement would give me the mental confidence to try and ask women out again. I’m beaten (for now). But hey, the Jackmobile passed emissions testing last week, so at least I have that going for me.
Today’s Personal Project
Not get depressed more than I am currently.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bummed
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Want to watch YouTube videos sans spoilers (read “comments”)? Check out NoSpoiler which allows you to do so.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 27
Carnivorous Meals – 35
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman