It appears as if my “Hey, I’m Going To Be Late” post never published. Man it seems almost impossible for me to use WordPress from my iPad these days.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Try yoga’s lion pose: Kneel on the floor and give a roar.
Yoga can do so many things: help you manage stress and anxiety, increase your flexibility and strength, and improve your posture. By working on the muscles in your face, the lion pose can help keep your jaw muscles from becoming tight and reduce eye strain.
Sunshine State My Ass!
This was my view for most of my drive home on Monday.
It rained, then it rained harder, then it let up, and then it started all over again. Because of the time that I left my mother’s house and the weather ahead I did not get to stop in Gainesville on my return as I hoped. I did stop at the same gas station / Subway / Dairy Queen on I-75 north of Tiften, but unfortunately they have removed the picnic bench on which I ate my dinner last year; I ate dinner sitting in my car instead.
Look Maw, No Cavities
One of the reasons I returned home after a short visit to my mother’s was that I had a dental appointment yesterday. Overall I heard nothing but positive news at the dentist — save the further draining of my Health Savings Account since my dentist is not part of the dental insurance plan offered by my company.
For the second day in a row I am in the office on a “vacation day.” My project is in its final throes (at least for now) so I feel compelled to be in the office to see it through. The irony is that the vacation days I am currently supposed to be consuming are comp time for the many hours of overtime I worked last November/December.
Being single and having an addictive personality makes me a prime candidate for being a workaholic (something I was back at the beginning of my career, and apparently have become again).
I’m trying to change this.
I Can’t Run, I Shan’t Painful Member
I was hoping to make a return to hashing tonight. However, with no ability to run I don’t want to hash. The call for rain over the next few days helped me decide to hold off on my return as well.
Today’s Personal Project
Figure out how not to work tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – concerned
Current Music – listening to today’s stage of Le Tour de France
Website Of The Day – Looking out the window I am certainly in a Rainy Mood.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 0
Carnivorous Meals – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman