I’m sitting alone at the office spending another of my “days off” listening/watching the Tour de France, shaking my head at some of the coding decisions made by one of the junior developers on my team, downloading WWDC videos for my own personal training, and trying motivate myself to do the coding that needs to be completed by next week.
It could be worse, the weather could be perfect but it’s not
Today’s Daily Challenge
Wash and cut up fresh vegetables, then put them front and center in your refrigerator.
When you’re hungry and looking for a snack, you may grab whatever is right in front of you – whether it’s good for you or not. By getting veggies ready to eat ahead of time, you’ll have a healthy snack right at hand. You can also use your cut-up veggies to speed up salad-making at the end of a long day.
Probably a good idea.
It Tears Me Apart
I met with ITP-Readers Barb, Steve, Debbie, Bob, and Laura (along with some non-ITP-Readers) yesterday for a lovely lunch at Tasty China. The meal was fantastic and the camaraderie equally stimulating. I ate a lot.
As much as I love Tasty China’s Sichuan spices the amount I consume always sends my body into a tizzy in the hours that follow. Yowza!
We all went our separate ways after lunch and I returned home where I remained for the rest of the day. The weather yesterday unmotivated me so there was no way that I was going to go anywhere for fireworks (photography).
ITP Flickr Pic
“I Wish I Could Be Practicing For Cheddarhead”
While visiting my mother in Florida we ate breakfast at the local bowling alley. This is the bowling alley I used to frequent when I was a teen. I wish that my foot would have allowed me to roll a few games.
I’m Back From Florida, It’s Time To Change My Life
Of course exercise is still a bit of a distant goal as my foot continues to struggle to heal itself. 🙁
I have some fairly significant changes in mind, none of which I can reveal at the time because they are all in a germination state.
Today’s Personal Project
Do laundry tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – could be better
Current Music – listening to the Tour de France
Website Of The Day – Further proof that every conceivable domain name is already taken — 5th of July is a band’s website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 2
Carnivorous Meals – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman