So much for prime-numbered birth years being great.
‘Tis the final weekend for this year’s Tour de France again.
I think I will treat myself this weekend to some High Road Ice Cream. I just have to stop at one of the local markets that sells it.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Hold a dishtowel or piece of clothing overhead and do five side bends as you squat.
Can you feel the many muscles engaging to help you complete this challenge? It calls on strength in your thighs, arms, and most of all, your core. Strong core muscles help you do everyday tasks – such as bending, turning, and lifting – with less risk of injury, and they also contribute to good posture.
I Did It Again
I had no intention of sitting around with coworkers drinking all night, but that’s exactly what happened at Twisted Taco after work.
By the time I arrived home it was too late to return my mother’s earlier phone call, too late to read about iOS programming, and too late to even watch an episode of “The Office.”
Not surprisingly I slept later than I want to this morning, consequentially missing my planned morning workout at LA Fitness.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing today. Perhaps this weekend I’ll take a photo of myself reading a book since that’s about all I’ll be doing this weekend. Well, I will be doing laundry and working out tomorrow as well.
I’m Thinking About Profiteering
The stock market has been climbing recently, might it be time to do a little profiteering? Given the amount of cash I’ll be spending very soon this may be a prudent move for me.
I’m Late And Have Little To Say
Other than “Have a great weekend, everyone!”
Today’s Personal Project
Already picked up dry cleaning. For the remainder of the day my goal will be to abstain from alcohol as I’ve had more than my fair share this week.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – angry with myself
Current Music – listening to a commercial on the Tour de France
Website Of The Day – Maybe I’ll spend some time today seeing what’s on Freebie-Depot Freebie Birthday List. Or perhaps I’ll look at Clark Howard’s List of Places Offering Free Birthday Meals.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 219 pounds; will check again tomorrow (which was supposed to happen today, but I ruined that with last night’s activities.)
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 5 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 17
Carnivorous Meals – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport