Have a tough time getting going today. I bet last night’s indiscretions at Twisted Taco had something to do with this.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share one favorite breakfast that fills you up and keeps you energized.
Most people know that eating breakfast is important. But as anyone who’s eaten a doughnut and then crashed an hour later will tell you, what you have for breakfast matters just as much! The breakfasts that give you the most get-up-and-go contain a combination of some protein (such as peanut butter or an egg), complex carbohydrates (like oatmeal or whole grain bread), and fiber (fruit or veggies). By sharing and reading about others’ best breakfasts, you will learn some new ways to bring slow-burning energy to your day.
I’d say pancakes but I am not sure they keep me energized.
I had a roll with butter and some hot tea this morning, does that count?
Another Virtual Nail In This MacBook’s Virtual Coffin
1Password rolled out a new Mac version today. I was thrilled until I found that the new version of 1Password requires a version of Mac Operating System that this MacBook cannot install. DANGEN!
It doesn’t look as if all is lost however, since it appears that versions 3 and 4 of 1Password can share the same data file in the cloud. Fingers crossed.
1Password is added to the growing list of Mac software that require OSX Mountain Lion and therefore cannot be run on the MacBook on which I concoct most of these blog posts. It may be time for me to “Nuke and Pave” this MacBook and keep it as a stripped-down media device.
ITP Flickr Pic
Guess who forgot to take a photo of his pork sandwich before devouring it yesterday?
And In The End, No Hartwell For Me
I just have too many things going on to commit to going up to the Black Sheep Lake Hartwell campout this weekend. I think that I will make a concerted effort to return to hashing in 2014, at least until I realize that none of the people I used to hash with do it any longer.
Today’s Personal Project
Take care of some money matters.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I kept today’s post short so that even if you aren’t a Federal Employee you’ll have time to do Buzzfeed’s “Modern Art or Toddler Art” quiz.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 213 pounds (October 1)
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 2
Carnivorous Meals – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 1
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to replace my malfunctioning faucets
– submit to important documents, neither of which I can talk about at this time
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend