Been a very busy day already!
Today’s Daily Challenge
Swap one refined carbohydrate for an unprocessed one, such as eating fruit instead of a cookie.
Carbohydrates aren’t the enemy – you can find them in healthy and unhealthy foods alike. The difference is that carbs like fruits, veggies, whole grains, and beans, which are full of nutrients and digested slowly, are unprocessed. Refined or processed carbohydrates (like white bread, soda, sweets, etc.) are digested quickly and offer nowhere near the nutritional punch of their unprocessed carb cousins. Making a swap lets you experiment with a new, healthier kind of carbohydrate.
What if the cookie has fruit in it?
Getting My Hopes Up
Upon arriving home I barely recognized the ITP-Estate. For my money the guys did a helluva lot of work apparently made my “neighbors” much happier, as well as anyone who has been dying too see my two boob hollies trimmed as well.
The front yard looks amazing(ly empty) and the back looks much better. Admittedly most of the requested work was in the front of the house. The men even chopped up the fallen huge limb, now it’s up to me to get some exercise by clearing it away.
If I just sink $15-20k more into this house perhaps it would be quite livable…
ITP Flickr Pic
WAIT A MINUTE, WHERE’S THE PHOTO OF THE HOUSE?
It was too dark last night.
On Monday night I finally did.
Not Getting My Hopes Up
I saw two striking women on MARTA last night. One, clearly out of my “league” and probably too young. The other not.
Neither even looked at me so this part of my life doesn’t change. And I’ve once again given up hope.
Unrelated: I need to make time to contact the animal removal people today.
Today’s Personal Project
Hopefully have a beer with ITP-Reader Steve at George’s.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – weird
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Know Your Meme’s “Oh Hai!” entry.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 215 pounds (November 4)
Foot Mileage – ~4.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 6
Carnivorous Meals – 8
Marta Rides To Work – 3
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber, an animal ridder, and a tree person to work on the ITP Estate
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– follow up on some critical life details
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
- Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? — by Billy Crystal
- Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good — Andrew J. Mellen