It’s been an odd week, but thankfully for me my work week ends tonight! Tomorrow will be taking a vacation day.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Learn signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anemia.
Iron deficiency anemia is the most common type of blood disorder, affecting millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the body doesn’t have enough iron, which leads to too few blood cells. Because anemia often develops slowly and has symptoms that mimic those of other conditions, it is often overlooked. By familiarizing yourself with the signs, you may be able to spot it more easily, now or in the future.
They should put iron supplements in beer. If they did I’d be virtually magnetic.
Box Drop Off At Goodwill? CHECK!
I mentioned that yesterday morning was a busy one. Prior to 11am I had:
- Filled my car tires with air. I have two slow leaks which means that I either have holes in tires, bad seals to the rims, or bent rims. I expect to get no more than one or two more years out of the Jackmobile, so I’ll deal with this periodically.
- Done something I cannot disclose. (It was nothing illegal, and don’t worry, I’m not a spy)
- Filled the Jackmobile with gas and my belly with coffee and a red velvet muffin.
- Done laundry.
- Dropped off a box of stuff at Goodwill.
Not a bad way to start the day. I shan’t be repeating this today.
Slowly but surely (but not Surly, who I saw last night) I’m getting rid of things that I really don’t need to own. I’m not quite to the “tough decision” point yet, but I’m getting there.
It Took Fewer Than Thirty Minutes…
…for me to once again hate driving in this town. As it turned out, thirty minutes was less than one-third of the time it took for me to drive from Perimeter Mall to Virginia-Highland.
On my drive home I was a “good” son and called my mother. It’d been about a week since we last talked and I wanted to know how she was doing (fine, except in bingo where she can’t seem to break her losing streak).
As has become the norm, I was passed out in bed no later than 10:30pm.
ITP Flickr Pic
RATS! (no, not the kind in the attic) I’ve let the well run dry again.
Back On The Train
After reading today’s first section it should be no surprise that I made my way to work on MARTA today, even with the rain. In fact, rain is one of the best reasons to ride MARTA because “we” have proven that “we” cannot handle driving on dry roads, never mind wet ones.
Another reason I’m taking the train today is because I plan to make my way back to downtown to go to Theatrical Outfit‘s performance of “Harabel.” It’s the closing week of the play and I’d like to use my season ticket. I didn’t do a modified MARTA today because I didn’t want to deal with driving into downtown, finding adequate parking, and then having to walk (potentially in the rain) to a MARTA station.
Yes Virginia, There Will Be A Blog Post Tomorrow
This weekend is the annual
Providence Canyon FDR State Park campout. Consequently I’ll be headed down to Pine Mountain tomorrow morning to scope out a great tent space, and perhaps get a little exercise in before the drinking commences. However, that won’t stop me from writing a blog post, which will include a photo of the newly cleaned up ITP-Estate.
Keep in mind that I keep nothing of value in the house, especially when I go out of town, so seeing a photo of my house and then deciding that it’s be a bountiful hit is not correct.
Prior to taking off for camp I’ll need to pick up some vittles — fixins for stove-top macaroni and cheese tomorrow night, and some eggs and cheese for camp breakfasts. I wonder if they have grocery stores in Pine Mountain, GA?
Today’s Personal Project
Follow up on Very Important Paperwork #1.
Prepare Very Important Paperwork #2.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – One of the music companies that I hear from occasionally is Audio Blood. They’ve been kind enough to share music with me, so I’m giving them a link back.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – MARTA
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 215 pounds (November 4)
Foot Mileage – ~4.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 9
Carnivorous Meals – 8
Marta Rides To Work – 4
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber, an animal ridder, and a tree person to work on the ITP Estate
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– follow up on some critical life details
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
- Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? — by Billy Crystal
- Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good — Andrew J. Mellen