I am battling poor health again. Something has been working on me the past two days resulting in a scratchy, sore throat, and some unmentionably ugly phlegm.
Because of this I’m moving at a snail’s pace today. (I know, it’s hard to see the change.)
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share your favorite healthy hot drink.
Liquid calories can add up fast when we’re downing a cup of our favorite toasty beverage. Luckily, there are so many options out there that are healthy, tasty, and satisfying! By sharing your favorite, you may introduce someone to a new drink – and you may get some new ideas yourself.
Favorite unhealthy hot drink would be hot cocoa (chocolate), favorite healthy drink would have to be green tea.
Traffic At A Snail’s Pace
During the meeting in which I sat until 5:30pm yesterday I took a gander at traffic via Google Maps. What I saw was red, a lot of motherfucking red. I convinced myself that I should stay at work late and complete the mandatory ethics training that I needed to complete by this Friday.
By the time I finished the training and goofed off a bit it was 7:30pm and I decided to brave the traffic. Fortunately for me by that time the side roads had opened up a bit and it took me a little more than an hour to complete my Perimeter Mall to East Atlanta route. At least I was able to use this time to listen to about ninety minutes of the Johnny Carson audiobook I purchased recently (I listen on 1.5x speed).
With podcasts aplenty downloaded I spent the remaining awake hours in bed.
ITP Flickr Pic
I attempted to take a photo of a snail that I saw in the carport this morning, but the photo didn’t come out very well.
Yep. I just tried to edit it and it’s crap.
Nine Months To Settle? That’s A Snail’s Pace
Halla-Fucking-Luya! The other day I received a letter in the mail from the lab company stating that I owed them $0.00. This will be the document I throw back in their face when I inevitably receive another bill from them in via snail mail (see what I did there?) in a few week’s time.
Forgive me if I don’t rush back to the doctor next month to try and get a physical. I will in due time but I’m in no rush to potentially start this whole process over again.
Do It Again? Wait That’s A Groundhog Not A Snail!
I have a feeling that tonight’s “activity” will mimic last night’s as I try to recover from this illness.
Today’s Personal Project
Get better. I really hope to feel better by tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – The UK seems to be the bosom of snail-trail-named businesses. I present to you Snail Trail Handweavers and Snail Trail VW Camper Rental. I wonder what Atlanta’s “Snail Trail” has to say about all of this…
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – ??? pounds (December 2)
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 5
Carnivorous Meals – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
- hire a plumber, and a painter to work on the ITP Estate
- dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC?
- follow up on some critical life details
- walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Dissolve Sharpened Stone
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Completely run at least one 10k
- Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
- Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
- Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
- Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
- Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? — by Billy Crystal
- Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good — Andrew J. Mellen