So far (8:49am):
1. Body not taking kindly to something I ate (or drank) yesterday.
2. Work is flaring up and it’s coming straight at me.
3. Was looking forward to attending CocoaHeads Atlanta tonight, only to find out it’s been moved to next week.
Gonna try my hardest to get through it.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Plan to drink a full glass of water before you begin your next restaurant meal.
Visiting a restaurant can be fun, but for most people, it means eating way more than they would if they were at home. Drinking a glass of water before your meal helps to fill your stomach and can help curb your eating. Bonus: Water is free and keeps you hydrated!
I should do this prior to every meal. I should also learn to eat more slowly as well.
I Found A Dollar, But It Didn’t Make Me Holler
If nothing else my nearly fifteen years in East Atlanta will provide me with a lifetime of stories. On Wednesday morning I went out to check to see if the garbage men had ever made it to my street (they had not) and when I looked down in my yard I found a crisp, $1 bill.
RETIREMENT HERE I COME!
Okay, it was just a buck, but still, how often can one claim that they found money in their front yard?
I Have Cavities
Thankfully none of where where found in my teeth yesterday. 😀 That’s right, I received a stellar checkup and am now good until July.
On my journey yesterday I also managed to swing by Wells Fargo and deposit a few checks (Wells Fargo’s mobile app gets railed for not having “deposit by photo” yet). Banking is interesting, however it must get a bit boring working inside a bank these days. Upon my entry I was greeted by no fewer than three people welcoming me to Wells Fargo, and upon my exit I received a couple of “Thank you, have a great day!” salutations.
ITP Flickr Pic
Rats! My first failure of 2014.
The Lure Of Living Dangerously
Well, not really.
As I sat an banged away at the iOS tutorial I was working through yesterday my boss sent me a text asking if anyone had gone out after work. “Well, I’m still here and am open to doing something”, I replied.
And that’s how I made my first trip to Taco Mac in 2014.
Last night I had three beers, including two stouts since the weather is just right for stout drinking, and ate the majority of a fiesta chicken nacho plate.
And I wonder why my body is messed up today?
I Suppose He Saved Me $2
As I stood pumping gas at QT this morning, with the full intent of walking into the store to buy a cup of coffee afterward (which would have been thrown at whoever was responsible for the asinine traffic near Marist that was so bad I U-turned and went to work a different way), a guy pulled in behind me to wait for me to finish.
This QT has approximately sixteen pumps, a couple out of gas, but many of which were available including the one directly in front of me and this guy decided to wait.
I could have been a dick, finished my pumping and walked into the store to buy my coffee, but I am not a dick, so I got into my car an pulled away. My first thought was to park closer to the building and get coffee, my second thought was to save the $2 for QT’s less-than-stellar coffees and head straight to work.
Can’t go blowing that $1 I found all in one place, you know.
Today’s Personal Project
Get out of work early enough to drive to tonight’s CocoaHeads Atlanta meetup. I’ve just been informed that the meetup has been pushed back a week. Perhaps tonight I’ll go home and start gathering things for Goodwill since that obviously did not happen last night.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good, though I wish my body weren’t messed up
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – As has happened more times than I’d like it to I have found two things I want to do that occur on the same day. If I don’t make a road trip out to Athens to see/hear Cracker and Camper van Beethoven I may wind up going to the Atlanta Winter Beer Fest.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014