How’s that for a title!
Three days of sub-freezing temperatures followed by one “nice” day, and then clouds and rain. Yeah, it could have been worse, but it also could be a lot better.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Strengthen core muscles with five bridge stretches.
Our lower abdominal muscles help hold us in alignment, and when they’re out of shape, it can cause lower back pain. Keeping these muscles strong helps to bolster the body’s core, which aids in maintaining good balance and posture.
Guess who’ll be returning to the gym this weekend.
No silly, me!
(check back on Monday to see if I kept my word)
The Nearly Chickenless Chicken Salad
Because traffic sucked royal ass again last night I wound up eating dinner in the work neighborhood again. This time I met my boss at Outback for dinner, where I attempted to be
good better and I ordered the Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad for dinner.
I was happily munching my way through the salad when our bartender walked up holding a small plate and said “I’m supposed to give this to you.” Confused, I looked at the plate and realized that it held a grilled chicken breast — the one that I had not even noticed was missing from my plate! I gladly accepted the offering and mixed the pieces of chicken into my now third-eaten plate of food.
I honestly can’t decide which is stranger, the fact that the kitchen sent out my Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad without its chicken, or the fact that I was oblivious to this fact.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Breakfast Of Fatties”
I didn’t have anything handy to eat for breakfast so I purchased a packet of Kellogg’s PopTarts from one of my coworker’s “General Store.” Not a great idea, I know.
Did you know that I abhor the crust of a PopTart because I think it’s dry and tasteless and will do anything in my power to avoid it?
(pssst: I took this photo using my iPad 3 and edited the result using Snapseed. I know! Right?)
Wanna See Something Funny?
I assumed that the next time I visited Atlanta’s Punchline Comedy Club it would be to see a headlining comedy act whose work I found hilarious. Instead, tonight I’ll be heading there with coworkers to see someone of whom I have never heard.
Speaking of comedians, I found out this morning that Jerry Seinfeld has kicked off the third season of his short interview shows Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. Whaaaat is the deal with all of this internet content being released without me knowing???
Two Days Of “Getting Things Done”
That’s how I hope I will describe my weekend come Monday’s blog post.
Today’s Personal Project
Get my camera gear ready for an outing tomorrow morning with my old photography buddies. We’ll be headed out to breakfast and then off to the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, nothing bad, nothing good
Current Music – listening to some old school punk and hardcore on iTunes Radio
Website Of The Day – Some years I tried to play Australian Rules Football here in Atlanta, and I promptly hyperextended my knee about twenty minutes into the first trial practice. My career was over. I may try and see a Atlanta Kookaburras game this year, bringing my camera with me.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014