I’m working today, from my home office in East Atlanta. Ice won’t stop this blog.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Plan to rinse your fruits and veggies in a pan of water rather than hold them under the tap.
When we wash produce under the tap, only a fraction of the water hits the fruit or veggie. The rest goes right down the drain, wasted. By using a pot or pan instead, you contribute to water conservation, which helps our environment. Bonus: Saving water also means you’ll save money.
Good Work, Undone
After leaving the office last night I flew down to Brookhaven (making every green light along the way!) to go to LA Fitness. Upon entering the building about 4:45pm I noticed that they planned to close for the evening at 6:00pm. Huh. I jumped onto a stationary bike and set the timer for 45 minutes to allow myself time to shower before closing. To my relief during my ride the club announced that their plans had changed and they were staying open until 8:00pm.
With a ride and shower completed I sought means for ruining it all. I found such an outlet at THERE where I consumed a couple of beers with a completely unhealthy dinner.
Dinner was interesting. My boss and I sat at a corner of the bar having conversations that apparently were overheard by one of the nearby patrons. You can imagine what two men talk about, can’t you? During our time at the bar we also met the owner, who sat and ate what looked like a fantastic steak.
I was pooped by the time I arrived home (no later than 9pm) and promptly fell asleep on the couch.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing uploaded for general consumption.
Canceled, Canceled, And Canceled
Last night’s iOS Developers Meetup was canceled.
Tonight’s performance of “In Love And Warcraft” that I was supposed to attend has been canceled.
Tomorrow night’s Cocoaheads Atlanta meet up has already been canceled.
It’s not that I don’t have plenty of work and entertainment to keep me occupied during the blank spaces created by these cancelations, but they really have turned my week upside down.
Today’s Personal Project
Not risk going out in this cold if I can help it. I have candles for warmth and light in case of a power outage and devices with cellular access in case of internet outage.
Sort my laundry in case I can make it to the lavanderia tomorrow night.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad, glad I can work from home but wish I could just play today
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Back To Work” podcast
Website Of The Day – Want to calculate how many (school) snow days a certain area should have? Try Snow Day Calculator.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – stationary bike, 50 minutes.
Morning Weigh-In – Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014