Today’s Daily Challenge
Tuck your chin slightly and move your head slowly backward while looking straight ahead.
A tight neck is no fun! Whether you spend time sitting at a desk or in a car, looking down at a tablet or smartphone, or you simply hold tension in your neck, this easy challenge provides a nice stretch for those muscles.
I shouldn’t be thinking the dirty thoughts I’m thinking after reading this.
Milk And Bread And Eggs, Oh My!
Like seemingly every other Atlantan I stopped for gas and grub on my way home last night. By the time I reached the Sage Hill (Emory) Kroger all of the eggs were gone, and the store’s stash of milk and water were all but depleted. I’d have check the beer and wine section upstairs if not for the fact that the ITP Estate is well stocked in those areas already.
When I reached home last night I made a box of turkey-flavored stuffing for dinner and then snuggled under the covers that I keep on my couch and gleefully went to sleep. Given that my couch is leather I find that it holds the heat emitted by my body better than my bed does so occasionally, since I am sleeping alone, I enjoy the night sleeping on it better.
ITP Flickr Pic
Gosh darn it, I’ve run out of available photos.
Nothing But Wet
It appears that all parts of the ITP area are destined for a wet day today with a chance of ice forming overnight and tomorrow. Already people at work are worked up about at what time they will leave, at least this time schools have been closed so traffic won’t be nearly as gridlocked as it was two weeks ago (not to mention the roads will be wet, and not icy today).
Today’s Personal Project
Get to the gym before heading to the iOS Developer Meetup (assuming it’s not canceled).
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fairly okay, though I have to start kicking things up a notch (to steal Emeril’s catch phrase).
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Maybe the Farmers’ Almanac knows what weather is in store for us today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014