Sometimes the best laid plans…
Today’s Daily Challenge
Step back, bend one knee so it’s parallel to the floor, and lower the other knee toward the floor.
This challenge is a body resistance exercise that calls on many different muscles of the leg. As you do your lunge, the stretch works the quadriceps (the large muscles at the front of the thighs), hamstrings, gluteal muscles in the backside, and even the muscles of the lower leg.
Boy, that sounds like exercise. PASS!
Hey, Dunwoody Tavern!
With frantic work being performed in order to make a software release this week and traffic building by the minute we made a decision to skip driving to Flip Burger last night and went northward to Dunwoody Tavern instead. It was Miss K’s decision to change plans, and given that she was the honoree yesterday, I was okay with the change in plans.
At Dunwoody Tavern I had too many beers (for my desire to lose weight) and a salad with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, cranberries, and mandarin orange slices, all of which I topped with a cranberry vinaigrette.
I had to chuckle at the assortment of music played at Dunwoody Tavern during our time there last night. For the most part the music was pure 1980s (including such obscurities as The Fixx’ “Deeper and Deeper”) but every once in a while the music too a clear turn toward strip-club tunes. Our waitress explained that the change in music occurred because people were playing those songs via the jukebox. Uh huh.
I took Miss K back to her apartment and was back in the ‘hood by 10:30pm, where I promptly rested my head on a pillow and went to sleep.
A Different Side Of One Of My Goals
For years I’ve been bitching about my lack of getting an iOS app published; this is a February goal that is not going to happen.
This week I signed up for a Skillshare class called “Designing for iOS 7: Working With and Breaking Conventions” in order to improve the way I think about user interface design, and hopefully get me over the hump of designing the one I have in mind for the app I want to write.
If I understand it correctly this course is really a self-paced online course and won’t require me to be online at any specified time. I hope doing this course will be beneficial for me.
Not Sure About Tonight’s Celebratory Activities
I was thinking about crashing the Tasty China party tonight, but there is also a rumor of one last Taco Mac trip for “Pint Night”. Truth be told, my body would probably be happier if I did neither and rested for an evening. Besides, because of the plans for tomorrow night and the early departure for Florida on Saturday I need to get all of my take-alongs ready tonight for the trip.
Today’s Personal Project
Pack my suitcase for this weekend’s journey.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat and nervous about this software release
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – If I can make the time this weekend I will be reading a couple of the digital magazines that I have stored in my iPad’s Zinio app.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I’ll check when I return next week.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon