I am almost surprised that I am here this morning, all signs pointed in the other direction.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Use your toes to curl a small towel toward you, repeat three times, switch feet, and repeat four times.
Our toes have one tough job! They play a significant part in keeping us on our feet all day, and they can feel achy if we jam them into high-heeled shoes or other tight footwear. This easy toe stretch helps to ease discomfort and strengthen toes, and it feels especially good if you have toe cramps or pain in the ball of your foot.
I used to do things like this in physical therapy.
Two Men, One Court, Zero Talent
My boss and I fought our way over to LA Fitness Dunwoody last night where we pounded a racquetball for over an hour. To say that I am sore today is an understatement.
After working out we ruined it all at Taco Mac (surprised?) where I discovered that you can now refer to me as “Professor Paulie”. I padded my professorship, as well as my belly, with two beers and a sizable Cobb salad.
By the time I got home it was about 10:30pm and I was pooped. All attempts at remaining awake failed, until I awoke again at 3:00am; at that time I was wide awake. I stayed up for about three hours until I was dead tired at the time I was to get out of bed. I allowed myself an hour of sleep even though I knew it would mean a mean commute from East Atlanta to Dunwoody by car.
Blue Tarp In The Workerhood
Apparently the folks from Blue Tarp Brewing will be in the work-local Total Wine store for a few hours this afternoon. Looks as if I’ll have to start my weekend celebration earlier than I normally would. I only hope that the weather clears up a bit (I know, it’s supposed to rain all day) so that I can walk to Total Wine without having to use an umbrella.
Weekend Is Open
Except for the time I will be in the office tomorrow and the time I will be spending doing laundry in preparation for next week’s trip.
Today’s Personal Project
Put Goodwill boxes in the car tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sore, in a good way
Current Music – silence except for the groaning that occurs every time I move
Website Of The Day – I’m considering bugging out of Atlanta on Tuesday night instead of Wednesday morning next week. If I do I only expect to be on the road for about four hours before stopping for the night. Today I tried using Free Map Tools’ “How Far Can I Travel” tool to discover where I can get in four hours.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – racquetball, ~1 hour
Morning Weigh-In – Arg, I keep forgetting to jump on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~10.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 10 (10 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have Austin CocoaConf trip plans in place (new)
– exercise no fewer than twenty days (new)
– ride my bike no fewer than five times (new)
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
I had to get up early (6am is way too early for me) to drive Felicia to the airport, in the rain. I don’t drive on the interstates much anymore, and especially in rush hour. I really don’t miss that driving stuff.
I keep telling you she should ride the bus to MARTA. Especially in this kind of weather.
A quiet night. Pain is subsiding so I didn’t even take that pill this morning. Already desperate to exercise -in have to research what’s allowed.