Big demo next week needs much attention today, and unfortunately Sunday, and probably some of tomorrow.
The demo I am working on is going to be presented at a trade show in early May. I think once this one is in the can I am going to go out of town for a couple of long weekends in order to decompress.
I love my profession, I just wish I were 10x better at it so I didn’t have to spend so much of my life getting my projects working.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share one new way to enjoy whole grains at breakfast.
New options for whole grains have been appearing in grocery aisles, and many of them can be easily added to your morning meal. Unlike grains that have been processed and refined to make starchy products like white bread, whole grains are left all or mostly intact. Refined grains are digested quickly, leading to a rise and crash in blood sugar, while our bodies take much longer to digest whole grains. A breakfast that includes whole grains will help keep your energy levels up until lunch.
I have no insight on this.
Owie, I’m Sore
My boss and I smacked a racquetball around last night for over an hour and my arm, shoulder, and back are feeling the ramifications today.
Post-racquetball we headed over to Taco Mac where I had one twelve-ounce beer and an order of chips and queso with carne (that’s beef, ) as we watched the Hawks win at some game I was told is called “basketball”. By the time I arrived home I had just enough time to hang up my wet clothes and go to sleep.
Yesterday was a long and tiring day, I know because I think I only woke up three times during the night.
Take Myself Out To The Ball Game
I am considering going to tomorrow night’s Braves game.
Before I came to the sinking conclusion that I’d be spending the better part of my weekend in the office I had considered joining the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild for a tour of a brewery in Macon tomorrow afternoon, and since I can’t do that, I might treat myself to some over-priced baseball and Sweetwater beer. Fuck, I might even splurge by buying the best seat available and keep score during the game.
Today’s Personal Projects
Book my fucking plane ticket to Brussels already!
Go to 57th Fighter Group for a few post-work drinks and then head home for a little rest.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – nervous
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Earlier in the week I stumbled across Gone With The Wynns, a young couple who have been touring the United States since 2011.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – racquetball, ~1 hour
Morning Weigh-In – Arg, I keep failing to jump on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 4 (4 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
- clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
- hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
- walk no fewer than 75 miles
2014 Goals: Measurable
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Completely run at least one 10k
- Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
- Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
- Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway