Today’s Daily Challenge
Stand and lean forward, form a Y with your arms, then bend them into an L shape. Repeat four times.
The muscles in the backs of your arms, called the triceps, are just as important as your biceps, the muscles in the front of your arms. Strong triceps prevent injury in your arms and power you through the day: when you’re picking something up, pushing open a heavy door, or pushing yourself out of a chair.
Surprise, it’s Third Wednesday!
After getting my hair cut across the street I wandered into George’s to meet up with the Third Wednesday celebrators. I MC and Pigless along with TW regulars such as ITP-Reader Steve, Boner, Highdicker, Just Licks Dix, and Kitty Kitty Gang Bang.
Even though I arrived near Steve’s bewitching hour I had a good time chatting up the regulars before heading home.
ITP Flickr Pic
Going to work on resurrecting this starting today.
MasterChef? More Like Master.
I am trying to get into watching MasterChef, but I am not sure that I am going to be able to ride out this series this time either. I understand that reality tv isn’t really real, but this is just too implausible for me to believe.
In the past two weeks the “home chefs” have been required to bake a blueberry pie and make a box of a dozen donuts as their elimination tasks. Really? Is this MasterChef or MasterBaker. And seriously, how can this many “home chefs” know how to make these from scratch?
Cutting It Short
Just like my hair I’m cutting today’s post short. It’s now nearly 11:00am and I’ve much to do.
Today’s Personal Project
Drive my ass (and my mountain bike) to Charlotte. I’ll be spending the night there.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – feeling a little overwhelmed
Current Music – listening to the conversation of this meeting
Website Of The Day – Atlassian is a maker of tools user by software developers and project managers. Atlassian will be having a meet up next Thursday night and I’ll be in attendance.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 217 pounds (2014-06-14)
Foot Mileage – ~10.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~33.0 miles
Gym Visits – 5 (5 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– go away two of the weekends
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway