This weekend wasn’t exactly what I thought that it was going to be, and that’s completely my fault.
Drank to much beer.
Got no exercise.
Took no photos.
Did no work around the house.
Ate too much.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Support your back while you sleep: use an extra pillow under or between your legs.
Better sleeping posture can improve your sleep, leaving you less stiff and more refreshed when you wake up. Adding a pillow to your lower half can take stress off your back and hips by aligning your spine. The extra support will help you perfect your posture – even while you sleep!
I’ll let the sleep experts tell me what I am doing wrong when I go for a sleep study (ha! I almost typed “sheep study”).
How Many Photos Does A Camera Take While In A Bag?
The answer is “zero”.
On Friday I opened my big mouth about my Saturday plans and was happy to hear that a couple of my coworkers were interested in joining me for the East Atlanta Criterium. We me at the ITP Estate and walked up, me with camera in bag. We were in the village before the races started so we went into Argosy for lunch and a couple of beers.
We were soon joined by a friend of a friend and stood outside to watch a little of the first race, which is when I saw ITP-Readers Jenka and Kevin (great to see you on Saturday), and then my group wandered down to Holy Taco where we sat on the patio and drank some more.
My compadres weren’t thrilled with the drinks at Holy Taco so we wandered back to Argosy and sat on their porch drinking. I stayed there until the next-to-final race, which is when we all walked back to the ITP Estate.
I’m really mad at myself because I’ve really enjoyed trying to photograph this race in the past and I completely fucked this up by sitting around drinking beer instead.
To add further insult to my photo-less day I decided that I’d had enough for one day and never made it out to Smith’s Olde Bar for The Whiskey Gentry show.
If A Tree Limb Falls In My Yard And I’m Not There To Hear It, Does It Make A Sound?
Probably. And thankfully in this instance it also did no damage.
When we walked to the village there was no medium-size limb from my neighbor’s yard sitting lying in my backyard, but when we returned there certainly was one. This limb has been dangling for some time but was far too high up for me to get.
I’m just glad that its falling didn’t also “off” one of the feral kittens that are in my yard currently. I certainly don’t need that sort of karma on top of everything else.
ITP Flickr Pic
I would have helped had I taken the camera out of the bag.
Sunday Was No Fun Day
I knew that I’d pay for my indiscretions last week by working on Sunday. After eating a satisfying brunch at The Majestic and then getting my hair cut I drove up to the work area and spent the rest of the afternoon toiling away at the demo I have to present on Thursday; there will be many more hours of coding between now and then.
Though I did not deserve to eat any more food yesterday I stopped into Tomatillos for a filling dinner.
I was supposed to “punish myself” for eating too much be giving the kitchen a thorough cleaning and de-cluttering (something that must occur in ernest now) but after a half-hearted attempt I gave up and watched videos for the rest ofthe evening.
It’s “Make Those Calls Week”
If lsst week was “Shark Week” then this week is “Make Those Calls Week”.
One of the many things I didn’t get around to doing this weekend was deciding which plumber I was going to call to come out and fix the kitchen sink, the three bathroom sinks, and the master bath toilet. Geez, this is going to cost me a pretty penny I’m sure.
Other calls that I need to make this week:
- Arrange a sleep study
- Schedule a plumber’s visit
- Contact Goethe Institute of Atlanta about their intensive German 1 class in September
- Touch base with Red Robin Realty to get my ass moving on selling the house
Today’s Personal Project
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – disappointed
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – One of the few positives coming from sitting around drinking beer on Saturday was discovering beer from Cumming, GA’s Cherry Street Brewing.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 215 pounds (2014-08-17)
Foot Mileage – ~4.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clear out a room’s worth of things I no longer wish to own for the rest of my life
– hire a plumber to come in and fix the “small” repairs
– contact a realtor to make a hit list of things that need to change before the house can be listed
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway