That might be the best way to describe my day yesterday.
I woke up at 6:00am, showered, and then drove to work.
I worked an 11.5 hour day.
I drove toward home and stopped for dinner at a Chinese buffet on Buford Highway.
I returned home, wrote some code while listening to podcasts and some time after midnight fell asleep.
My entire day in a nutshell.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Review the directions on the labels of your medications.
Many medications can be unsafe, cause side effects, or don’t work as well when they’re taken incorrectly. Unfortunately, the labels on drugs can often be confusing, especially if you’re taking more than one medication. Reviewing the labels of your drugs can keep you from getting tripped up on vague or complicated directions.
Actually, good advice.
Sometimes A Little Familiarity Is Dangerous
The headline reads “Tickets on Sale for the Dunedin Craft Beer and Food Festival” and I was excited to read it.
“Dunedin? Dunedin, Florida? If this happens on a weekend that I don’t already have booked I can go to this and visit my mother!” I thought. And then I read the article, oh it’s happening on a weekend that for which I have no plans, but it’s occurring in the original Dunedin — in Scotland. Don’t get me wrong, I am actually more interested in attending this now, but there is no way that I can slip this into my schedule.
ITP Flickr Pic
Dang, had I just one more photo to close out the week. My try-on eyeglass frames arrived at the office yesterday but the person responsible for getting and distributing the mail didn’t do so yesterday to I’ll have to try and get them today so that I can try them on (and take selfies) so that I can return them next week.
What’s Up For Your Weekend?
I mentioned my weekend plans yesterday, what do you have going on?
Big changes starting next week — stay tuned.
American Cities I Want To (Re)Visit In The Next Year
(in no particular order)
- New Orleans
- New York
Today’s Personal Project
Play some racquetball before drinking beer tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay I suppose
Current Music – silence at the moment but considering my options
Website Of The Day – I wish I were going to the Atlanta Bar-B-Q Festival this weekend but it’s being held at Atlantic Station, a venue I consider to be spectacularly unspectacular.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 215 pounds, checking again on Monday morning
Foot Mileage – ~4.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clear out a room’s worth of things I no longer wish to own for the rest of my life
– hire a plumber to come in and fix the “small” repairs
– contact a realtor to make a hit list of things that need to change before the house can be listed
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway