It’s Time To Shit Or Get Off The Pot

Prior to two weeks ago I never gave much thought to today’s title during the nearly fifty spins I’ve taken around the sun.

Yesterday I thought the worm had finally turned (another phrase about which I haven’t much thought). I hoped that the two days of drinking coffee and eating pancakes for breakfast had convinced my body to return to normal. Last night, even after eating a healthy high-fiber dinner, I was back to where I’ve mostly been since two weeks ago tomorrow.

I am extremely saddened because what this means is that if my body doesn’t miraculously correct itself today and remain corrected until tomorrow I will have no choice other than to cancel my participation in the Iowa trip for RAGBRAI. Honestly, at this point I hold little-to-no hope of going on this trip. I have been looking forward and training for this trip for months! I’m so distraught that I haven’t even started packing.

Even worse, if my body doesn’t respond positively by Wednesday I am going to have to seek another medical professional, of the type I don’t even know, to investigate. Two weeks of near-constant diarrhea, including one week of taking medication to stop it, is a clear indication that something is wrong.

Things weren’t supposed to go “all down hill from here” until my birthday later this month.

Paulie [eatl/ga]

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to It’s Time To Shit Or Get Off The Pot

  1. Post is late this morning thanks to a HORRIBLE commute. I’m sure the people involved in the multitudes of problems that caused today’s grind are having bad days, but I have little sympathy to spare at the moment.

  2. Barb says:

    I can’t believe you aren’t better yet???!!!! This totally sucks for you.

  3. I can’t believe it either; tomorrow will be exactly two weeks since it started.

    After yesterday morning I thought it was all behind me, even though my stomach had been feeling uneasy. However last night I was convinced that this isn’t over yet.

    I will make my “go” / “no-go” decision tomorrow. If I decide on “no-go” I will coordinate with you about coming over on Wednesday to deliver my portion of the camper money. I committed to paying, my participation is not a factor.

  4. Debbie says:

    Sorry Paulie, I know you are frustrated.

  5. Barb says:

    Don’t worry about the money – if you don’t go, its no big deal money wise. We will work it out with Tom, he would have done this whole camper thing with or without you. (or us for that matter)

Comments are closed.