Some how we’ve made it to the end of August.

This weekend was fun on differing levels. Of course I did no exercising as I continue to let my leg heal.

On Friday I joined a small group of Urban Explorer friends for “socially distanced happy hour” in Grant Park. I think I now understand why Grant Park isn’t a destination for me because at this time it appears to have no open restrooms! I walked high and low, and yes I considered finding a tree, but couldn’t locate an open bathroom; the lone port-a-let I found near the zoo was padlocked. 😡 I wound up walking up to Dakota Blue and buying a beer from them so that I could use their bathroom; to be fair Dakota Blue didn’t require a purchase in order to use their restroom, but I felt it was necessary.

On Saturday Bonnie and I went waaay OTP in order to use our Hop Passports. We started by driving to Braselton to visit Braselton Brewing. It was in a neat old building, and I was chatted up by one of the employees because I was wearing an old Dayroom t-shirt. From Braselton we drove up to Commerce to visit Strange Duck Brewing, which is located at an abandoned golf driving range with a putt-putt course, and small go-cart track. Finally we made our way to Southern Brewing Company in Athens. We finished our trip by getting some pizza in Athens before making the long drive home. One of the M6’s annoyances reared its head again when the TPMS alarmed again while making the drive northeastward.

Yesterday I did some work in the front yard (mowing, weed whacking, leaf blowing) and then I wanted to get out of the house for awhile. I joined Bonnie on a journey to Acworth where she ran the Black Sheep trail while I hung out with the injured folk.

Today I will be doing work (duh), some German studying, but no exercising.

As we move into September I am going to attempt to refocus on cleaning, organizing, and cleaning out the ITP Estate. For whatever reason I’ve once again become lax and things have gotten out of control, at least by my standards.

Hope you had a good weekend and are remaining healthy.

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 2020-08-31

  1. Steve says:

    Sounds like a good time.

    I managed to ride 20 on Saturday despite the wind (I don’t like wind). I worked into it on the way out and let it blow me home on the way back.

    I decided to try and retrieve what firewood I could out of the brush piles and leftovers from the loggers. I managed a couple hours of work in the hot sun before retreating into the AC.

    Saturday evening was spent enjoying the company of Barb and Allan and some delicious TC! As good as always- company and food!

    Sunday, after catching up on the TdF, I managed a short run of 2 miles. A scooter ride to Tractor Supply to try and replace a part I managed to bend on the bush hog (fail). I would have ridden a little longer, but the rain was boiling up and it looked like it was going to be serious. I hurried home and still got a little wet. The rest of the day was spent napping and watching Yellowstone.


  2. Yard waste truck came early, taking the two “bags” I put out. I say “bags” because one bag burst as I tried to move it, so I put its contents in another bag that I placed in a yard waste trash can. My neighbor’s bags also burst, and the workers kindly left all of the contents on the street. 😡 I’d be less concerned about this if not for the fact that the street debris will probably wash into the storm drain, which goes under my property, if not cleaned up.

  3. Raining in East Atlanta again, there goes any thought of attempting yard work this afternoon.

    • Steve says:

      And I know you were battling that demon!!

      I fought Access for an hour or so, trying to get it to jump through a hoop- I moved the new data back into Excel and it took 5 minutes. Ugh.

      • ITP Lurker says:

        For what it’s worth, there’s a mindset issue with Access that’s really hard to overcome if you’re far more familiar with Excel.

Comments are closed.