Not much to report for yesterday, other than skipping the hash which turned into Drinking Practice in Little Five Points even though the posted start was in Brownwood Park in East Atlanta. Instead I cajoled Bonnie into letting me visit her and her cats, and we made a dinner and shared a couple of beers.
That rain last night!!!
Before 7am this morning I had already learned a few things…
– I’m not sure how much rain fell on WLF. “But you have a rain gauge!” you correctly say. However, I discovered this morning, when the gauge recorded over five inches of rain, that a large leaf of a squash plant appears to funnel directly into the gauge. ðŸ˜‚
– When completely filled, a standard “1020” planting tray can hold a little more than a gallon of water. ðŸ˜®
– With the water I collected in my trays on the deck I filled over thirteen gallon-sized bottles! That doesn’t account for any of the water captured in WLF itself. ðŸ¤¯
– I noticed a couple more of my tomato plants didn’t appreciate the rain, and that this round of squash and zucchini plants seem indifferent about providing me with vegetables. ðŸ˜•
– Mosquitoes are extremely active even before the sun rises. ðŸ˜¡
– I washed my kitchen floor yesterday, this morning I may have undid that good work be going into and out of the house retrieving empty water bottles. ðŸ˜¢
– I always need to be careful with my left knee. I tweaked it a bit this morning. â˜¹ï¸
If that onslaught of rain hit your area I hope that all is well.
Tuesday Tale of the Tape: 181.0 pounds (-2.0 from last week’s weigh-in); better. I was hoping to be back under 180 by my birthday, but at least I am close.