And this morning I was the version of me that gets out of bed and goes to Lowe’s, only I arrived there a little later than the June version of me would have. I purchased more compost and manure. I was going to get some cinder blocks but didn’t want to overload the M6. I nearly picked up two cinder blocks that were sitting in the parking lot, but felt guilty as if I were stealing, so I left them there.

Yesterday’s major accomplishments were twofold.

First, I made a run to Aldi. I did fairly well restraining myself from buying a lot of things that I don’t need, but Aldi let me down in the almond milk category by not having what I wanted to buy in stock.

After eating a quick snack I seized the cooler weather by gearing up in choring clothes and taking my Wee Little Chainsaw out to the front yard. The first thing I discover was that the chainsaw’s chain was indeed too dull to do much work safely. So, having a replacement on hand I started my job with a nice sharp tool. I spent the better part of three hours chainsawing a set of trunks emanating from a scrub tree, dragging the larger limbs to the backyard for future chipping, and then dismantling and carrying the trunk pieces to the backyard for next year’s fires. I still have work to do on this tree, and will take down another small tree in the front as well. The “plan” is to allow sunshine to hit a strip of dirt next to the driveway in hopes of maybe growing some berries, vegetables, of flowers (if I think the p,ants will be too close to car exhaust to eat). That’s right, WLF is expanding! In that patch of dirt there is plenty of opportunity for me to shrink my waistline as I expand WLF as well, as the area is smothered in English Ivy (sound familiar?) that I will pull out in my “free” time when the weather is cool and dry.

I was whooped before 3pm, so, after harvesting as many peppers as I could ahead of the colder, rainy weather, I retired indoors for a shower.

I plopped onto the futon to watch tv, and then around 5:30pm I decided to get a little creative by making a pint of pickled peppers (no idea how these will taste), and then baking a frozen pizza covered with, you guessed it, peppers.

My evening was fairly unproductive, mainly consisting of tv watching. I made an attempt to read for awhile but tired quickly.

Today’s agenda is all over the map. When I am done with this post I need to wash the dishes, jump in the shower, and go get a haircut at 11:00am. From there I want to do a little grocery shopping before returning home.

It’s my turn to cook for Betsy tonight. As of now I am thinking about making a vegetarian meatloaf and serving it with some side vegetable (not sure what yet), and salad. So, I will need to be home in time to assemble and bake the meatloaf.

Busy. Busy. Busy…

Hope you are remaining happy and healthy.

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 2021-10-27

  1. Bonnie says:

    Yesterday after picking up my products to test, on a whim I decided to check out the Gold Branch Trail (Chattahoochee system) that wasn’t too far from the pick-up location. I was just going to hike but then when I got started I decided to try and run, which worked out pretty well except around particularly rocky and rooty areas. I ended up doing 6.6 miles. I wish I would’ve thought of it earlier, then I could’ve asked some other folks along. Or, I could’ve tried to bring my mountain bike (will it fit inside the CR-V?) and rode Sope Creek (which is why I originally purchased a Chattahoochee parking pass in the first place, and I still haven’t ridden it).

    The husband returns home around noon today, so the rest of the week will likely mostly be chores, but it’s supposed to rain anyway…

  2. Steve says:

    I can sharpen the chain on “Wee Little Chainsaw”.

    After a productive day at the “office”, I wanted to try to finish fixing the framing nailer. I went to the hardware store in Luthersville (yes, we have one!) and bought what will certainly be a lifetime supply of lithium grease.

    After riding the trainer for 35 minutes while I watched the last days coverage of track Worlds, I again tried rebuilding the nailer… with lots of grease.. reassembled and now it’s leaking air out the trigger. I haven’t looked for the trigger O rings yet. A youtuber showed an invoice for a whopping $4.95 including shipping! Maybe worth a try…

    Debbie’s trip next week to Portland might now be off as her main contact might have the Covid. He’s at least feeling poorly…

    And we might have a buyer for Daisy! Tire kickers coming out today…


  3. Barb says:

    We take chainsaw chains to the TruValue that sells all the Stihl eqpt by the Marietta Square. I think it’s $6 or something like that. I bet there’s somewhere near you to do it.

    Trying to decide if we will go to Scofflaw tonight, Sal’s store is having a run at 6:30 (& then discounted beers). Might be something to do.

    Taking my car to the collision center this morning to see about getting my scratches fixed.

    • I find it convenient to have a spare chain on hand, especially since Wee Little Chainsaw’s chain is easy to replace.

      Good luck with the auto. Sucks that you have to go through that.

    • Steve says:

      Barb, you got side swiped in a parking lot? What’s the story?

      • Barb says:

        Got sideswiped on Powder Springs Rd in Marietta. Got the plate#, so USAA will figure it out. They said it will take 1-2 weeks, it’s not a hard repair, but they are busy.

        Dobbins was doing some serious flying, this place 8srightby the end of the runway. Got a good air show while I was there.

  4. Because I don’t give two shits about the Marietta Braves I am taking a break from Instagram for the next few weeks so I don’t have to keep seeing posts about the World Series.

  5. Well poop. I just saw a message from the woman who cuts my hair alerting me that she can’t make it in due to car troubles.

  6. Steve says:

    American haircuts has an outpost in Ansley, i think.

Comments are closed.