My morning yesterday kicked off with doing a lot of laundry, and a little walking. It was good to arrive and see the Waschsalon open on schedule. I was in and out in about two hours.

The rest of the morning was spent puttering around the house before driving to Decatur (Clairmont / North Decatur) to meet up for lunch. As I mentioned yesterday, the food “Japanese street food”, at Tenya was tasty.

Late yesterday afternoon I was bummed to see how much WLF is struggling with the hot, dry weather. I thought that I was going to have to give everything a good watering today, at least until I awoke to the sound of rain and thunder overnight. I was also bummed to see that I waited too long to eat the remainder of my leeks, which have now started to bolt. Unfortunately when leeks bolt they become woody and fairly inedible. Dangen! I really need to continue to clean out beds and start planting the things that will provide me with food this summer. I also need to start harvesting some turnips.

After giving WLF a quick once-over I hopped into the M6 and made my way toward Decatur for the second time yesterday, this time to ride. Starting at Melton’s App & Tap a group of six of us barreled around Decatur, Avondale Estates, Oakhurst, and Atlanta covering nearly twenty miles at a pace of about 16 mph. It was a tough ride, and I huffed and puffed for much of it, but since I don’t know the route I had to fight to stay in contact. With the ride done we sat around and drank some beers. I had also packed two hard boiled eggs for my “dinner”.

I will be spending considerable time today in WLF, as I continue to search for inner peace and happiness. I still have a ton of work to do out there, and need to see if last night’s rain caused any damage.

This afternoon, after a lunch at home, I will be driving up to West Stride running store to visit Sal, and to perhaps make my first purchase of new running shoes in many years. I will have to see their selection as well as the prices satisfy me, since running is not really my chosen sport any longer.

Tonight is a Betsy night; it’s her turn to cook. AND I just launched the Hulu app and think I see that a new season of “Top Chef” has started! I knew May would be a lot better for me…

Here’s to a good Hump Day and though the calendar says May 4, I refuse to type the phrase that you will hear often today.

I solved today’s Wordle in three attempts; my starter today was PRIME

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 2022-05-04

  1. NYT Mini crossword in 39 seconds.

    • Barb says:

      Mini in 1:03 – mainly because I can’t type.
      I may have been faster on my ipad, but on the computer I tend to have the curser in the wrong box.

  2. Just prepared a new batch of hummingbird sugar syrup, and cleaned out the feeder which was packed with red ants. Ugh.

    • Barb says:

      my feeder is sitting in my kitchen to remind me to make some sugar syrup.
      Maybe I’ll get around to that today.
      Allan is out power washing the deck today – so once he is done I’ll be able to put the feeder up.

  3. Steve says:

    Wordle in 2 with my normal starter of AISLE!! That was a lucky guess.

    Sadly, I made the trip to the DIAB and I’m still positive! He did detect a slight fever, so I’ll be monitoring that. Still I cough…

    The chief for the weekend has started sending out emails that still shows me on the schedule and people are asking ME questions. They will all have the memo tomorrow.

    We expect to see our HVAC friend Mark today. When we ran into him last week, I reported the very nicely air conditioned crawl space! He said he would stop by and see what was loose.


  4. Barb says:

    I planted some tomatoes & peppers that Allan bought last night – we had way too many weeds out there to pull 1st, but its done.
    So, the idea of a bike ride went out the window. We will see if we can make it happen tonight.
    I still have the garlic I planted last fall to harvest, but I figure I can give it another month?

  5. First break for the morning. Have repotted many summer squash and flowers, and transplanted more zucchini. Still need to do massive cleanup and organizing.

    0.5” of rain caught by the rain gauge.

    Can’t break too long lest I start getting all wound up. Must be like a shark and continuously move forward.

  6. Debbie says:

    Wordle in 3 using AISLE. Annoyed that Steve “beat” me.

    I just sent off the final set of files for my project. Hopefully, no more issues and the next steps are not my responsibility, so woohoo!!

    Our pastures are starting to look quite brown; I hope the forecasted rain for Friday livens them back up. The crabgrass should start kicking in as the rye dies back. If it doesn’t, I’m going to have to put on my farmer hat and figure out an alternative.

    The donkey and all the horses except the baby are too fat, so it’s not a crisis, but it sure looks sad out my office window.

  7. Much needed lunch break, I am whooped. I made a new garden bed for rhubarb, bu may have accidentally killed one of the plants trying to get it out of the pot it was in. Time will tell…

  8. Seems like when I leave the ‘hood rain comes down. What’s up with that?

    And, because it wasn’t supposed to rain I had two towels hanging to dry. Arg!

Comments are closed.