No, not with women (okay I need that help).
No, not mental (okay I do need that help too, but that’s not the point today).
I have committed to submitting a photo for a silent auction being put on by Atlanta Photography Exhibit on February 18th. My problem is I don’t know which photo I should print and donate? My idea of what constitutes a “good” photo has often not gelled with everyone elses’. If you have some time during the next few days would you please check out my Flickr Photostream and make some suggestions? And if you really love the photo chosen then you should show up to the event on February 18th and bid on it. 🙂
Much Like The President My “First 100 Days” Begins With A Hiccup
Unlike the President I have no one to blame but myself.
The first day of exercise started well. Instead of taking the elevator to the sixth floor I climbed the stairs. My plan was to leave work, head to the laundromat to do wash, and the head home and exercise while I had my clothes in the dryer. That plan ended with a single text message.
“Come over now for Barack party”
I accepted immediately. I should have thought about this for a second… The person sending the message is an ardent Obama supporter, and I should have realized that this would mean that I would be joining the party many drinks behind everyone else. After having a fun time, consumed a couple of beers and some tacquitos, I sneaked (still want to use “snuck”) out and headed home. I still believe I made the right decision, unfortunately I made this decision too late to make it to the laundromat.
As per yesterday’s bedding ruling: I gave myself credit because I put on the “second” flannel sheet set since my “first” set is still in the laundry bag.
ITP Flickr Pic
Another from my cheap Diana+ camera.
I think I’ve become addicted. Yesterday I ordered a $28 “toy” Holga film camera. I guess I’ll have to change the name of my project to “Holga/Diana+ v. D300” or “Holga v. Diana+ v. D300”.
I’m Thinking Of Making My Next Windows Machine A Mac
The Windows laptop that I purchased four years ago is started to disintegrate. I wouldn’t mind keeping it for a iTunes client and when I have the occasional need to edit Word or Excel docs.
- A few years ago the DVD drive stopped working consistently, and a replacement drive costs around $100.
- The battery is long since shot holding a charge for mere minutes, and a replacement battery is around $75.
- The connector for the power supply has become flaky and often stops recognizing the power supply for no reason. When this occurs the machine shuts down almost immediately.
I’m considering making my Macbook also a Windows machine through the use of either Parallels or VMWare Fusion. Do you use either? If so, what version of Windows are running inside the virtual machine.
Another alternative is rebooting my Mac into a Windows machine via Boot Camp (I have Leopard installed), but that seems less desirable to me.
It’s A Mad Men ITP
After getting home last night I decided to watch a few more episodes of Mad Men from season one. I’m still trying to plow through the entire first season before I start taking in season two. “Season two? I though you lost those with the DVR?” Yep. “Is it out in DVD?” Nope. “Then how?” I just ordered the entire second season for $23 from iTunes. Of course that was over eleven hours ago my slow download speeds have not allowed me to download all of the episodes. (note to self: next home must be in the middle of fucking fast internet land)
The plan was watch Mad Men until 10pm when I would make another attempt to enjoy Food Network’s Chopped. If this is any indication of my interest in the show I fell asleep five minutes into the show.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – relaxed and anxious to program
Current Music – listening to Leo Laporte’s “The Tech Guy” podcast
Website Of The Day – One last political jab : Is George W. Bush Still President?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – climbing six flights of stairs
Foot Mileage – 3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 21 (21)
Vegetarian Days – 4
Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem