But don’t look for me. In case you hadn’t noticed, I am trying hard to recapture some of my free time lately. So, even though the thought of going out, tromping through shiggy (now in the daylight), and then drinking beer, I’ll be headed to the laundromat and then home to clean at least one of the rooms in my house.
Almost A Completed Job
That seemed to be yesterday’s theme. First, I met up with my tax preparer and while sitting in the lobby of her office heard somebody use the term “property tax.” It was at that moment that I realized that I had forgotten to include my City and County tax paperwork in my 2008 tax portfolio. I tried so hard to remember everything, but in the end failed.
Later in the evening I had one (albeit large) task to perform. The task was to clean my den in accordance to this week’s Seven-Day Project. I managed to get almost everything off the floor, to clean off my desk and filing cabinet, and dust all of these surfaces. What I never got around to doing was dust mopping the floor. The room looks a lot better to me, although I must admit that some of the clutter which is destined for recycling/donation was simply moved to a different room. I guess that I’ll have to deal with that when I hit that room and must remind myself not to move it back into the den.
ITP Flickr Pic
What better to do today than to provide a photo which is also not the complete photo.
The other day while checking for sharpness in a photo of Lisa and Randy’s dog Sugar I realized that I like the cropped version of the eye better than the photo in its entirety.
Trying To Keep My Eyes On The Prize
Actually, I’m just trying to keep my eyes focused. Over the last few weeks I’ve had some difficulty keeping my eyes focused on near objects, specifically computer screens. I have always been near-sighted so this change is really disturbing me.
It wasn’t long ago, November/December in fact, that my eyes checked out as healthy so I am wondering if my current disability is stress related, lack of exercise related, a change due to aging, or a combination of those. Whatever the case I am hoping that I return to “normal” as soon as possible because I can’t imagine going on without decent vision.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – mixed (sad + anxious + scared)
Current Music – listening to the SXSW Preview podcast from NPR: All Songs Considered
Website Of The Day – I do love my food blogs, especially when they are related to (un)healthy, yet delicious food. From the name Crispy On The Outside alone you know that this is one of those blogs.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – none
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 8, Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem