Hey, Yoo Hoo!
On Friday I met up with ITP-Reader Barb and her husband Allan for a ride from their house to Kennessaw Mountain. Note that I said to and not up because I could only muster to pedal up one third of the mountain before bailing on the climb.
On the route home we stopped in a nearby bar (Barb, remind me of the name) for a few cheap, cold adult beverages. As I sat there in my Yoo Hoo! jersey, completely unaware that I was facing a gigantic billboard for Nestle Quick chocolate milk, I was jokingly confronted by one of the regulars. As we joked about the juxtaposition of chocolate beverage advertising we struck up a conversation about the bar and its history. The bar was once a drive thru liquor store and is now flanked by a tin-roof porch; about the only thing which has seemingly been unchanged is its clientele.
Post ride/bar/ride I got to enjoy much wine and dinner with Barb and Allan, as well as ITP-Reader Sal who stopped in for a beer and some conversation. (Sal, how did Saturday’s 5K treat you?).
One Busy Saturday
Take a quick look how I spent Saturday
- 0800: breakfast meetup at the Majestic
- 1030: photostroll up and down Peachtree St, starting at Colony Square
- 1200: post-stroll lunch at Tap
- 1330: stroll the High Museum
- 1600: much needed nap
- 2000: dinner at il Localino with Black Sheep MisManagement and long-time Black Sheepers
Needless to say, I slept like a rock Saturday night.
ITP Flickr Pic
A close up of a statue across Peachtree from the High Museum.
I have a lot of shots to process, but it’s taking me some time as I wait for a new harddrive on which I will configure my photo library.
I Knew Better, I Knew Better, I Knew Better
Because I had decided to pass on the sausages being served up at the Black Sheep Hash I knew that I would need to eat on my way home from Newnan. The only problem was that I had no footwear that I wanted to place on my feet to go into any store/restaurant.
Against my best judgment I decided to go through the drive thru at the Burger King where I ordered an “Angry” Whopper with fries and Coke. It was one of the worst meals of my entire life! The burger was okay, but the fries (and the “onion rings” mixed in) were stone cold and the Coke was flat.
In retrospect this may be the best thing ever to happen to me as I will certainly once again avoid eating fast food for some time.
This morning I noticed that there is a toll-free number printed on my receipt under the heading “How Was It? Tell Us At…” Hmmm, perhaps I’ll talk to one of the King’s representatives today.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to a “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” podcast from a few weeks back
Website Of The Day – If you were a fan of Mystery Theater 3000 then you should be a fan of Rifftrax.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – Friday: 18 miles cycling; Sunday: 4 miles hashing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – ~8.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 83 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (7)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem