Lone Justice? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
So how is everyone today? I’m pleased to say that the architects and builders of my house did at least one thing right — they made a house that takes in a minimal amount of water during ridiculous rain storms. Well, I’ve got that going for me today. I know that some of you were not so lucky and I’m sorry to hear it. Best of luck getting everything straightened out.
Sometimes I Get It Right
I spent a long time at work yesterday. After having my fill of office life I drove over to Perimeter Mall in order to eat some cheap food (quality, not price) for dinner and hit up Radio Shack for a stereo connector cable that I need for work (I almost got what I need, but I think that I got something that will work). I was amazed that I managed to stay out of the Apple store, and my bank account thanks me for that.
When I decided that it was time head toward the homestead and check out the damage I saw that I-285, even knowing that all was fucked up by I-85N, was my best option. And was I ever right! My commute home took no more than thirty-five minutes, with about ten of those slowly passing the long line of cars waiting to get on to I-85N.
Of course when I arrived home I found that I had:
- mail — YAY!
- no electricity — BOO!
- a fairly dry basement — YAY!
Will Paulie Ever Ride Again?
It saddens me that I’ve ridden 136 miles this month — none of which have occurred in the past nine days! Nine days without riding! I feel as if I’m losing all of the momentum that I picked up in August and early September. I’m seriously hoping that I can get my groove back before the colder weather arrives. Without a committed routine I don’t stand a snowball’s chance in Hell of riding through the Winter if I don’t.
ITP Flickr Pic
What, you expected me to risk my life to go out and shoot something? “Who has the time?” I say.
Dear Surviving Beatles: Help A Brother Out
Thanks to a brother who lived during The Beatles heyday I grew up loving The Beatles. With the hoopla of the September 9th release of The Beatles’ catalog which has been remastered, including an editions of the original mono releases, I was excited to update my collection. However, I’ve been stymied because they still do not offer their music digitally.
Yes, I’m considering plopping $200+ for the entire collection, but not until I can do so and not have all of those cds cluttering my domicile.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frantic, rushed, way behind schedule
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – Want to know what I feel about life these days? Go to and use Big Long Now (it’s okay it’s SFW).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 136.7 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem