One of the things I love most about writing software is that I sit and code and time passes without notice. One of the dangerous things for me about writing software is that I sit and code and time passes without notice — which is why I didn’t leave the office until about 8:30pm last night. So much for skipping the Roswell Photographic Society critique meeting so that I could go home and be productive.
Cleaning Up My Act
About the only other “accomplishment” for which I can take credit is that I’ve finally started to consolidate a lot of my data so that I can be assured that one drive (and the many backups of said drive) contain all of my vital information — encrypted of course since there is no guarantee that my house will not be burgled again.
Years’ worth of data scattering and silly backup solutions have led to many smaller drives and USB sticks which may contain duplications, or may contain the only remaining version of files.
ITP Flickr Pic
From a High Museum trip I took on Saturday morning.
It’s nice to have photos to dump into the blog again.
A Little Bit Of Manchester Orchestra Related Stuff
I heard through the internets the other day that the drummer for one of my favorite local bands, Manchester Orchestra, is losing its drummer. All parties state that the parting was amicable, but I’m bummed by the news. I hope the band can continue to crank out some quality music and have a live date scheduled for Atlanta sometime soon.
Through some other Manchester Orchestra news I also found, and have been subsequently addicted to, a new (to me) podcast called The Interface from Spinner. I’ve pretty much downloaded about half of the three years of podcasts that they’ve produced, which is a lot of data since they started producing video podcasts about a year ago. If you like college/indie music I suggest that you check this podcast out.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, still concerned about my health though
Current Music – listening to a “The Interface” podcast, this one featuring Silversun Pickups
Website Of The Day – You like quality food products? Let Foodzie help you get some.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 9 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 30, Situps – 75
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem