As I headed into work yesterday I knew something wasn’t quite right. I ached in my knees and feet, a sure sign of no good…
I felt so poorly the last couple of hours at my desk yesterday that I scrapped doing laundry last night.
I’d attempt to describe the experience I encountered as I fell immediately to sleep upon returning home last night but you’d rightly assume that I’ve lost it. I didn’t look at a clock, but I’d guess that I slept really hard from 6:30pm – 11:30pm. Upon my waking I was still tired, completely confused, and somewhat frightened by the recall of all that passed through my mind during those five hours. My concentration was so deep that I had to get out of bed in order to go watch some tv and take my mind off of everything I had just experienced.
After some couch time and returning to bed, I awoke at 7:20am, a time by which I am at work on most days.
While I feel far better, I’m still taking a sick day today. So far in 2010 I’m 0-for-3 three in staying healthy during an entire month.
Barb, I’m skipping the ride tonight.
I’m Not Feeling Very Social Today
Forgive me as I end today’s blog post here. My head is hurting and I’m still a little disoriented. I hope to be back with a vengeance tomorrow.
Hope your day is great.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – weak and my head hurts
Current Music – none at the moment
Website Of The Day – I heard about this couple who are trying to go through 2010 without producing any trash. Impressive. They keep a blog at My Zero Waste.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t gotten out of bed to check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 6 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 5, Carnivorous Days – 25
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
WOW Paulie…..I hope you’re okay!
Thanks Sal. I’m sure that I’ll be okay.
This year has been the strangest year of illnesses that I’ve ever experienced, and we’re only three months in.
Bummer you aren’t feeling well – Allan was thinking a Beer Barrel stop on the ride……… if you feel miraculously better later, come on up, we are still going to ride & I think Michelle is going to join us too.
We went to The Derby on Hammond in Sandy Springs last night for trivia – met up with an old friend that I met thru you – Amy Todd. She said to tell you Hi. We won first place without even trying all that hard, & had the stupidest waiter. We asked if we could use the $50 towards the tab, he acted like this was a strange question, so we pushed the issue & told him we were from out of town. He let us use it. I’m not really sure what the policy was for using the house cash. But anyway – it started early at 6:30 & not too many teams, so who knows, we may go back there again some day (& hope that waiter isn’t there, though as stupid as he was, he probably wouldn’t remember us)
Sorry you’re not feeling well Paulie. Let me know if you need me to drop anything off for you on the way home.
I tried a new place to eat last night. Intown Market, its owned by one of the guys at the gym. They have a deli (and a beer cave) along with the regular Quki Mart sort so stuff. It was a pretty good sandwich.
Really, if you need dinner or anything just drop me a note. Feel better soon.
Thanks. Right now I’d just like for my head to stop hurting and to regain some strength.
Barb, unfortunately even if I experience a miraculous turn-around I think it’s a bad idea for me to stress my body by riding tonight. You all have fun.
Get better soon!