See what happens when I exercise? I’ve just returned from a bike ride to Stone Mountain which took me three hours to complete. With the exception of being yelled at by some fat-cow woman in a SUV to “Get off the road!” it was a great ride. In Stone Mountain I shooed a small turtle off the road, and as I climbed the outer-loop road I saw a doe and her adorable fawn.
Another Anniversary For Me
Yesterday marked the two-year anniversary of my decree to buy only digital media. Happily I can say that I am doing very well with this task. The only times I’ve faltered have been with photography magazines and books, the occasional software development text, and perhaps two CDs and two video games.
Not bad, eh?
In Ninety-Six Days I’ll Be Done
I’m still loving my iPad. I’ve purchased a book called 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know. I plan to read one of these “things” each day, so in ninety-six days I shall be done. Not bad, eh?
AT&T Just Wants Me To Hate Them
The promise was great — “UNLIMITED data on the iPad for $30 / month.” Not even two months after the launch of the iPad 3G AT&T has gone back on this promise. Yesterday AT&T announced that starting on June 7th they will now offer tiered data plans with the most “generous” of those being $25 per month with a 2GB cap on data transfers.
Seriously, I cannot wait until Apple offers AT&T’s competitors the chance to provide service for their products.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fantastic, but tired and hungry
Current Music – listening to “The Story” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m digging this food blog called Working Class Foodies.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing (today’s mileage gets logged tomorrow)
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 40 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (1)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem