With New Year’s, Snowpocalypse ’11, and having my brother (aka ITP-Reader Ronnie) and nephew (ITP-Reader Eric) visit for the past two nights this first two-thirds of January have been quite eventful.
Taco Mac — With A Twist
Last night Eric wanted to meet up with one of friends who lives in Lawrenceville. Since we planned to eat dinner out a suggestion was made that we meet sort of half way at the Taco Mac in Decatur. For me most Taco Macs are the same, though if you’ve been paying attention I have a certain leaning toward the Taco Mac near my office because of its female waitstaff. I kind of hoped that the Decatur location would have similar hiring practices, but sadly no.
The small parking lot at the Decatur Taco Mac was full at 8pm (though the restaurant itself was no more that 1/4th full at that time), so we had to lie in wait until someone to relinquished a parking space. I had no idea that this would be foreshadowing for the way the rest of the night would go.
We were quickly sat in a booth and greeted by a dude server. Boo! We placed our drink orders — me an Abita Xmas beer, ITP-Reader Ronnie a Coke with no ice, and Eric ordered some fancy soda concoction made available because of Taco Mac’s weird Coke flavor mixing machine. When our waiter returned he had three drinks, one beer and two sodas with ice. Wrong. The waiter eventually came back to take our food order, but forgot to bring my brother’s corrected soda order. We ordered food in hopes that this would be the sole error. My food, chicken nachos, came out well before Ronnie’s and Eric’s food, and my Ronnie’s soda had still yet to arrive. As I sat and ate, Ronnie’s and Eric’s food finally arrived, except there were mistakes with both — Ronnie received french fries instead of the black beans he ordered, and Eric’s hamburger was lacking the bacon he ordered.
When the manager came around to check to see if everything was “okay” we were compelled to explain the food errors in as polite of a fashion as possible. We heard from our server that he was reprimanded by his manager — dude, we didn’t even mention the time it took for you to get a Coke with no ice to our table.
Not the greatest experience. I’ll need time at Taco Mac Perimeter some time soon to wash this from memory. Anyone want to bet whether or not my Abita Xmas shows up on my beer list?
ITP Flickr Pic
Given the my devotion to creative photography has been low lately I am enjoying doing silly things with the iPhone app called Hipstamatic
This is one of my computers at work –” Hipstamaticized.”
I’m A Profiteer
I don’t exactly know what the opening price was yesterday, but I pulled the trigger on some of my holdings. The ITP Estate Repair Fund has been established, well once I donate a (far too large) share of the profits to the IRS.
I watched the market with bated breath yesterday to see how worthless the remainder of my holdings would become. To my surprise and pleasure the stock price did not plummet (much) and when Apple announced huge financial gains for their first financial statement of the year my fears were allayed. Phew!
Safe, Sound, And Partially Deafened
I forgot how easy it was for some cooking in the kitchen to set off the smoke detector near my bedroom. When Eric decided that he wanted to heat up some food around 1am this morning I thought nothing of it — until the smoke detector started to bellow. I tried my damnedest to silence the detector prior to waking my brother up, but as I’ve just found out through conversation, I failed.
It’s a Top Chef night. Bring it!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat, need to start exercising
Current Music – silence as I write this from home before heading to work today
Website Of The Day – As I start to attempt to resurrect Sharpened Stone I am kind of stoked that I can now accept credit card payments using my iPhone thanks to the innovation at Square.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Feb 1
Foot Mileage – ~16.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 18
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011 so that I get no more penalties
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of goals which I will not divulge
– Eat lunch out no more than twice a week
– Limit myself to eating dinner out on laundry nights, meeting nights, and dates
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
– Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions