Oh yes it’s laundry night, oh, what a night. And I have three IKEA bags’ worth of laundry to process tonight. I’m assuming that I’ll be loitering about the lavanderia next to Las Tortas Locas tonight, though the desire for a Bhan Mi sandwich from Lee’s Bakery may win out…
So Ba Was So Good
Last night I met up with ITP-Reader Betsy for a pre-Top Chef meal at East Atlanta’s So Ba. It’s been a while since I’ve actually eaten in the restaurant (recall I was supposed last week but the ice killed that idea, and one Top Chef night Betsy brought take out to the house) so when I was informed that they have a liquor license, I was a little embarrassed to be holding the bottle of wine Betsy and I were planning on consuming.
Side note: Also dining at So Ba last night was Surly Temple and his girlfriend, whose name I always forget.
The food at So Ba was delicious. Betsy and I ordered some salt and pepper tofu and spring rolls as appetizers and short ribs and sliced pork as entrees, and agreed to share all of it.
Writing Off The Training Week
I didn’t make time for my runs on Tuesday or Wednesday. I may have time to do some exercising tonight. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day (I’m really good at those) and I’ve already committed to a Taco Mac happy hour. Saturday will be a busy day I’m committed morning and afternoon, but I am going to try and reboot (NERD!) my training schedule then. Wish me luck. No, instead wish me discipline.
I’ve Got Nothing Else
Today’s is one of those days where I must throw my hands in the air and exclaim “That’s it, I have nothing else.” *throws hands in the air and exclaims “That’s it, I have nothing else.*
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – huh, fair but not great
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Music Heads” podcast
Website Of The Day – I have some secret goals, but have yet to decide to publish any of them on Secret Goals.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Feb 1
Foot Mileage – ~16.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 19
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011 so that I get no more penalties
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of goals which I will not divulge
– Eat lunch out no more than twice a week
– Limit myself to eating dinner out on laundry nights, meeting nights, and dates
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
– Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions