And will definitely ward off attractive women….
Today’s Personal Project
Get a haircut.
Drink a beer and eat a meal at Georges.
Return to work.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Pledge not to arrive hungry to your next get-together â€“ eat a healthy snack beforehand instead.
Parties and get-togethers are a great place to catch up with friends and family, have fun … and overeat. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying treats and favorite foods in moderation, of course. But when you arrive hungry, you’re much more likely to eat too much of everything (some of which may be less-than-healthy fare to begin with). Have a small, healthy snack before you go, and you’ll be able to slow down and appreciate the food â€“ and the company!
Work Wins Again!
We had a major bug in the app I’m writing and it *needed* to be fixed yesterday. So, my desire to exercise lost out to my need to get the bug fixed (I think we were successful).
I left the office some time around 7:00pm, hungry and having no idea what I wanted to eat. I wove my way home, finally deciding to give the ‘hood some love by eating at The Elder Tree Public House. I ate a corned beef sandwich and fries, drinking a Bombardier with it. Sure, this was probably one of the worst things that I could have done in lieu of exercising, but I just wanted to be satiated. And I was.
ITP Flickr Pic
I needed a profile image for Google+ (you can find me listed there as “Paulie Nuesslein”, though admittedly I rarely use the service). Why I chose to use the image below is a fantastic question.
Oh hell, my philosophy is that if I cannot laugh at myself (and let others laugh along with me) then I should never laugh at others.
I’ll be getting a haircut across the street from George’s Bar tonight, so I’ll be popping in for a beer and dinner afterward. Unfortunately I’ll need to return to the hinterlands in order to get more work done tonight before tomorrow’s beta release.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – back still in pain, feeling overworked
Current Music – listening to a “The Story with Dick Gordon” podcast
Website Of The Day – I proven to myself that I cannot be a calorie counter, but it I were, I’d reference Calories in Foods often. (Though I have to question some of the math that they have on their eggs page)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – forgot to check this morning
Foot Mileage – ~5.25 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 6
Carnivorous Meals – 5
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– donate money to charities
– take care of myself first
– take care of my house second
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
- White Jacket Required — Jenna Weber
your post is messed up – where you ate dinner was replaced by your scary picture
One of these days I’ll learn how to write a blog.
I regret to inform you I will not be in attendance at Georges tonight. As Debbie needs my car to transport Farley back and forth to the vet, I’m driving the truck. At 15 mpg, driving to town is not a good financial plan.
A quiet night last night- Debbie isn’t feeling well, and despite a trip to the Doc in a box, where she was told she isn’t getting the flu, she is convinced she is. Stay tuned.
There is suffering in my future tonight. Those videos are great for passing the time and do prevent your brains from turning to peanut butter.
Bummer, I was hoping to see you tonight. Oh well, I’ll have to find other friends with which to chat — or make alternate plans…
well – its long lost friends coming out of the woodwork week for me.
I had a freind call out of the blue & needed a place to sleep a couple nights. Good to catch up with her, but damn, she exhausts me just hearing all her troubles. At least she finally divorced the worthless husband. (she’s the one I bought the hot tub from)
Now, I have my old golfing buddy/roomie from 1994 calling, she’s in town for a couple weeks. I don’t think Allan has ever even met her, so I don’t think I’ve seen her since the late 90s. She now works for the PGA Superstore & is in town for training.
So, I decide pizza would be good at this place called the Roswell Tap – so I look up the address & decide to check out the specials. I don’t think Vickie & I could do any good at trivia just the 2 of us, but this made me laugh tht there4 is trivia tonight.
Not that I need another pint glass, but is this beer any good?
Wing Wednesday, .50 cent jumbo
Wings! Tap Trivia at 7:30p
Pint Night -Brooklyn Brewery Nut Brown Ale with a FREE glass
Drink Special: Boiler Maker
I’m 50/50 on Brooklyn Brewery. If memory serves me right their Nut Brown Ale is a little too sweet for my taste.