Due to a change in lunch plans today I wound up eating a cheeseburger for lunch as well as for dinner yesterday.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Try another perspective: Read a different newspaper or visit a news website that’s new to you.
We used to have limited options for getting news, which helped to provide a common bond between people. Now the Internet allows people to personalize their news and information and filter out what they don’t want to learn about. That can block out new ideas or limit their ability to embrace change. By checking out something that’s out of your comfort zone, it may help you see things from another person’s perspective or open up your mind to new things you may want to learn more about.
I’m trying a new perspective… I’m wearing new glasses.
They arrived this morning. I like them. It’s yet to be seen how my eyes respond to my personal measurement of my PD.
Taking The Show On The Road
I’m bugging out of town this afternoon. Not to stress myself too greatly I’ll pull a Atlanta (North) to Valdosta leg tonight, and a Valdosta to Clearwater leg tomorrow.
There will, should, be a short blog tomorrow. 🙂
Today’s Personal Project
Get out of town and enjoy myself.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried
Current Music – I’m in a meeting
Website Of The Day – In this day of Google Maps a site like Distance Between Cities seems superfluous, but I’ll show them some love.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 28
Carnivorous Meals – 37
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Marthaâ€™s coffee percolator to her
â€¨- return ITP-Terriâ€™s crutches to her
â€¨- not get sick
â€¨- finish at least two of the books I am reading
â€¨- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
â€¨- post at least ten photos in the blog
â€¨- drink a lot less alcohol
â€¨- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman