On the Saturday of Chinese New Year celebration I heard a click coming from the Jackmobile that any one who has ever driven a car or ridden a bike knows is trouble. The click was synchronized to the speed of the car. I searched the tires I thought had the problem but saw nothing. On Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I eyed all tires looking for signs of air leaks and saw nothing.
Upon returning to my car in the Park-and-Ride lot I found a flat tire on the rear tire of the passenger’s side.
Luckily I was able to swap it out for the spare (which thankfully had air) and drove home. I’ll win no pit crew competition with my change, but I was thankful to have space, a flat surface, light, and mild temperature in which to perform the work. This morning I dropped the car off at Firestone and to my surprise found out that I actually purchased the road hazard insurance for these tires. Normally I would scoff at the idea of buying the road hazard insurance, but I guess this time my pessimism got the better of me. I should be rolling on four good tires again for the crap that is supposed to roll into town tomorrow.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Name a friend or family member who can help you achieve one of your goals.
Reaching goals is always easier when we have the help of those around us! A friend or family member can be a valuable resource, by providing either hands-on help or motivation to keep us working toward the goal. By thinking of even one person who can lend a hand, it provides us with reassurance that we’re not alone and can be the first step toward reaching the goal.
Hmm, I could certainly answer this, but will not.
A Good Time All Around
Though I am fighting off what feels like a cold I had much fun up in Raleigh, though I need to learn how to pack warmer clothes.
The four days were spent kicking around, visiting museums, swim lessons, seeing the LEGO movie, and eating copious amounts of pizza.
My flight last night unfortunately forced ITP-Reader Randy to have to temporarily leave the pizza night at the house — three couples, six children, and me — but I didn’t realize that they were going to have people over when I booked my flight.
Speaking of flights, this was the second flight in the row that was massively undercooked. Once again I had the row all to myself and took a nap on the short flight.
Kicking It Into High Gear
With the beginning of this week I am beginning my quest to live a far more rewarding life. My goal is to kick ass at whatever I choose to do, and fully enjoy the activities for which I am merely a spectator.
Today’s Personal Project
Get over whatever is ailing me.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – wishing I weren’t sick
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – According to my doctor the lab report confirmed that I had Shingles (Herpes Zoster).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car (on three good tires and a spare)
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 2 (2 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014