Sorry, but my priority is getting work done because if I get fired I can’t guarantee that I’ll get a job even though I in one of the hottest fields going today.
I was at the office until 9pm last night. With the exception of a few hours this afternoon to play some racquetball I expect to repeat this feat tonight.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one food rich in vitamin E, such as cooked spinach, almonds, asparagus, or peanut butter.
Vitamin E plays a part in the formation of red blood cells, and it helps keep blood from clotting inside of blood vessels. It also strengthens the immune system, so getting sufficient amounts of this vitamin means you’ll be more likely to fight off any bacteria and viruses that cross your path.
I wonder if there was any vitamin E in the crackers, marmalade, and beer that I ate as “dinner” last night.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Deep In The Heart(attack) Of Texas”
On Saturday night about twenty of the CocoaConf attendees went to a legendary barbecue place called The Salt Lick. I was hungry and when we arrived there was a 90-120 minute wait for this humongous establishment. The food is served family style and I ate enough to keep me satiated until about 4pm Sunday afternoon.
Today’s Personal Project
Get a working demo done so that I can refine it tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – sorry, no time
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – meh
Foot Mileage – ~10.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 10 (10 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have Austin CocoaConf trip plans in place (new)
– exercise no fewer than twenty days (new)
– ride my bike no fewer than five times (new)
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon