But it’s still charging toward me quickly.
Speaking of charging, turns out that the asshats who stole my boss’ wallet did not shop locally but instead availed themselves of ill-gotten gains near Lenox.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Find out about walking groups in your area.
Walking is more fun when you do it with others! A group helps keep you motivated, provides opportunities to meet new people and socialize, and makes a walk more safe if you’re strolling at night. Plus, if people are waiting for you, you won’t want to let them down.
I used to be the walking group in “my area.” Once the weather warms a bit more and the pollen goes away I will be again. And as for “others” I rather enjoy walking while listening to podcasts or audiobooks.
Still Super Busy
I worked until 7:30pm before hitting a good “breaking point” at which time I headed back to East Atlanta, ate dinner at Tomatillos, crashed on the couch until midnight, wrote code until about 3:30am, and the returned to sleep until getting off the couch at 6:30am.
There’s nothing like being a forty-eight year-old teenager…
ITP Flickr Pic
Ugh, I had a good (albeit short) run there.
Hopefully With 100% Less Theft
Headed back to LA Fitness tonight for some more racquetball smashing.
Don’t Look Now
I’m still reporting March Goals below. Ugh, I hate being so busy that I can’t manage this site properly.
Today’s Personal Project
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – still harried, yesterday I completely tore my demo app apart and had to rebuild it with a slightly different architecture.
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I’m looking for royalty-free icons for the app I am writing (for work, not personal). Currently I am scouring Shutterstock and iStock. Have you better alternatives?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Arg, I keep forgetting to jump on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have Austin CocoaConf trip plans in place (new)
– exercise no fewer than twenty days (new)
– ride my bike no fewer than five times (new)
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon