Last night I purchased my ticket to Brussels! And I managed to shave off a day of my journey! (ehem, when I checked the itinerary I booked I found out that I booked my return travel on the Monday following the hash rather than the Tuesday as I originally intended). While Cap’n Moneybags didn’t spring for Business/First Class I did spent $200 more to get “Economy Plus”, go ahead, call me a sucker, I don’t care; if I’m going to spend nine hours in a metal tube I want it to be a little more comfortable than the sardine-sized passenger space in which I normally travel.
I now have two months to figure out what the hell I am going to do during the days before the hash.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Stand in a doorway with your hands on the frame and lean forward. Hold for a count of fifteen.
You will feel this posture-improving stretch in your pectoral (chest) muscles. If your shoulders slump when you sit, you may feel pain in your neck or back as a result. This move will ease the pain while straightening and balancing your spine and upper body.
I’m A Stand Up Guy
Remember yesterday’s title “Did You Get The Number Of That Truck?” well, even with that I went out for a walk after work. At the time I felt fine, had little difficultly completing the 4.75 mile route taken, had not pain sucking down a couple of cold ones with dinner, but when I went to bed…. My hips and legs have not felt so much pain since the bicycle accident.
I’m finding that the pain is greater when I sit or lie down, so today I’m returning to standing at my desk while I code.
I’m Booking The Rest Of Summer Too
Hey friends, I want to have fun with you. As we’ve all found out as life marches on is that the Spring/Summer/Fall time comes and goes way too quickly. I’d love to hang out with you all some more, camping perhaps, riding bicycles perhaps? Whatever, I’m game. If you have a similar desire I’d sure like to know so that we can plan something. Hell, I’ll even put a shared calendar on this site (if I can figure out how) to facilitate planning.
And what’s going on with you?
ITP-Reader Martha, how was Twisted Ankle?
ITP-Reader Steve, how are things on the left coast?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – aching, physically
Current Music – Listening to Uncle Tupelo’s “No Depression” album on Spotify. I’m loving Spotify and wish I’d not spurned it for as long as I had.
Website Of The Day – Via a podcast I listened to yesterday I heard about GeekDad. I qualify for half of this at least.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car, though I seriously considered the train today
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~4.75 miles
Morning Weigh-In – Someday?
Foot Mileage – ~15.9 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 1
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– go away two of the weekends
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway