Nope, it’s been canceled again. I shan’t partake in Take Three, scheduled for next Friday, for I will be out of town that day.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Lift and bend your leg to touch your ankle with the opposite hand. Repeat, then switch sides.
Inspired by ballet, this move strengthens your inner thighs while challenging your sense of balance. Strong muscles in your inner thighs give your body stability, especially in your hips and knees.
I would but I cannot find a tutu large enough to accommodate my enormous gut.
Racquetball, Take Two?
One of the worst parts of my job is dealing with configuration issues. The app I inherited, and have subsequently rewritten, is required to receive remote notifications. In order to use the existing configuration I changed some of the vital components of my rewrite so that remote notifications would work on development devices. Apple, in their infinite wisdom, has another remote notification configuration for devices that are not a part of your development environment. It is this new “black box” that I dealt with, and failed, until 6:30pm last night and left incredibly frustrated.
While 6:30pm is not that late you must consider three things:
- I couldn’t sleep well the Wednesday night so I arrived at the office around 6:30am yesterday, in essence putting in an eleven hour day (if you don’t account for lunch).
- I was not informed about this feature needing to work until about 1:00pm yesterday.
- I had racquetball plans for 5pm that I was forced to cancel because of this.
None of those reasons justify going to Title Kilt without having previously exercised, but I did regardless.
So the boss and I have rescheduled for this afternoon. Hopefully I won’t have to cancel my participation again.
The Collective Minds Drew Blanks Yesterday
It is not uncommon to look into the office break room and see a group of four or more people working on an old NY Times Saturday crossword puzzle together during lunch. We started this habit a few years ago, printing out Saturday puzzles from the late 1990s (we’ve since made it into 2000). I am usually the oldest person in the group and my arcane knowledge of 1970s/1980s sports, music, and television usually helps our collective cause. Even with all of our diverse knowledge rarely do we get a puzzle 100% correct.
Yesterday was perhaps our weakest effort; I’ll be generous and say that we completed 25% of the puzzle.
I Blinked And The Week Was Gone
There are still so many items for my To Do list this week that need to be done. I can blame some of this failure on yesterday’s fiasco but in reality I’ve managed my time pretty poorly this week and hope to be able to rectify that this weekend so that I can start my short workweek next week on the right foot.
I hope that you all have a healthy and enjoyable weekend.
Today’s Personal Project
PLAY SOME GODDAMN RACQUETBALL!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – mega-disappointed in myself
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – While wrapping new grip tape onto my racquetball racket yesterday I saw that the company that produces the grip tape, Unique Sports Products, is based right up the road in Alpharetta.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 216 pounds (2014-05-30) should have checked this morning but failed
Foot Mileage – ~3.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~33.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– go away two of the weekends
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway